PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Southern (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/southern-118/)
-   -   1slow01Z71 (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/southern-118/1slow01z71-371974/)

1slow01Z71 08-13-2006 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
it just seems like you are usually the "one upper guy" Cody.... but if you've been there, done that and built a motor that drinks oil like a thirsty hooker all on your own then I guess I'll have to take what you say as gospel as well... I've noticed that trend for a long while... I wish I could be there to see the race. :D

We will see what the oil problem really is. I have a sneaking suspiscion its the DART heads since so many people have had problems with oil consumption issues. This motor was built 4 times before it got into its current form and I was ready to get it going since I was running out of money and needed to get to TX so I had no choice and cut some corners possibly so if it was my error then so be it. The last time I put it together I had been up for 20 hours working on the truck straight, I fell asleep in the back of the truck ask mjhoward he woke me up. It is quite possible I did something wrong since I was in such a tired state.

WTF is up with this $hit tonight seriously. Who pissed in everyones cheerios? Silver what do you mean by the "one uppper guy"? I guess giving you my personall cell number so if oyu had any problems with your installs and trying ot get ahold of my tranny guy ot walk you through the servo install and everything accounts for nothing huh? You can kiss my a$$ man. I have done nothing but try and help everyone out on here. If you have a problem with me or something I said then let me know. I am generally an easy going guy but I dont like being bashed either, especially when it is un-warranted.

Rhino79 08-13-2006 12:39 AM

but if you've been there, done that and built a motor that drinks oil like a thirsty hooker all on your own then I guess I'll have to take what you say as gospel as well

:punch: :rotflmao:LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowprocess 08-13-2006 12:41 AM

I just ask for a race. A low budget build to a high dollar unlimited funds build. I want to see what that thing will do.

silver-mod-o 08-13-2006 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
We will see what the oil problem really is. I have a sneaking suspiscion its the DART heads since so many people have had problems with oil consumption issues. This motor was built 4 times before it got into its current form and I was ready to get it going since I was running out of money and needed to get to TX so I had no choice and cut some corners possibly so if it was my error then so be it. The last time I put it together I had been up for 20 hours working on the truck straight, I fell asleep in the back of the truck ask mjhoward he woke me up. It is quite possible I did something wrong since I was in such a tired state.

WTF is up with this $hit tonight seriously. Who pissed in everyones cheerios? Silver what do you mean by the "one uppper guy"? I guess giving you my personall cell number so if oyu had any problems with your installs and trying ot get ahold of my tranny guy ot walk you through the servo install and everything accounts for nothing huh? You can kiss my a$$ man. I have done nothing but try and help everyone out on here. If you have a problem with me or something I said then let me know. I am generally an easy going guy but I dont like being bashed either, especially when it is un-warranted.

dude, all you told me on the phone, when I called you from Iraq BTW, was how good of a tuner Allen Nelson was and how I should only let him tune my truck etc etc etc.... I appreciate your willingness to help, I really do. but I still had no clue where to go with my setup. I had never worked on anything "new" so I was kind of lost. all I had ever worked on until this truck was old BBC and SBC motors, they are nothing like these animals and since you were building your own and seemed to know what you were doing I asked for your help... which was minimal. as far as your tranny guy goes... I called him probably 5 times that day and left messages with a lady "I'm guessing it was his wife" and NEVER got any call returned. I guess he wasnt too concerned....

as far as the "one upper guy" if someone has a blown up something, you have blown up two of them, if someone has a cam, your cam is or will be bigger and better. and how NOBODY's setup is quite as radical as yours is... and there's nobody else in the world who can spin 4 tires on the street for 20ft.... I could do that in my K5 blazer with 38's and a big block... I'm not real impressed, I'm sure others kinda feel similarly...

slowprocess 08-13-2006 12:50 AM

Originally Posted by slowprocess
You've got alot of opinions on everybody's setup and how they can make it better. Let's see what the Z will do in November at No Problem Raceway. Maybe you can give me alittle advice on mine after we line them up. I'm anxious to see how bad you'll beat me with such an elaborate setup as you run to my basic 6.0L/cam/nitrous setup.

This is a bashing? :confused:

silver-mod-o 08-13-2006 12:53 AM

I dont think what I said could be qualified as bashing either... I was simply making a comment on a trend I have seen... nothing more.

slowprocess 08-13-2006 12:56 AM

I dont think what I said could be qualified as bashing either... I was simply making a comment on a trend I have seen... nothing more.

Other's have seen that trend from time to time. Noticed he had to add this to the rant.....

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Heads are being ordered from WCCH next week and HPT is on its way. Ill still be running a built 65e so...

Bring it and hope you brung enough.

Colby 04 08-13-2006 01:23 AM

damn, this thread went to shit real quick...

1ImperialSS 08-13-2006 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Colby 04
damn, this thread went to shit real quick...

im with you man.

1slow01Z71 08-13-2006 02:56 AM

None of you personally know that well the only two peopleon here that can vouch for me and how I truely am are closet redneck and mjhoward. I dont take some dogging my stuff lightly silver(dont remember your name off hand). Yes motor drinks oil like its going out of style. Did I mess something up, maybe, could it be my heads, maybe, who knows till I tear it down. I will be doing so soon. I added in the part about "bringing enough" because it seems that everyone on here wants a piece of me and Im up for a race any time. I know Im not the only one that can spin all four tires on my truck, hell white1 could spin em to 50mph, granted it was due to a converter issue but thats beside the point. Do I think I have the best truck on the site, no, do I think I have a nice truck, yes. I have put more blood sweet and tears into this truck than 99% of the people on here and i take pride in the fact that I have done it ALL. Luckily I had the support of a few members on here to help me learn and I am grateful, all I have simply tried ot do is return the favor to others on here who are where I was a year or two ago. I dont understand how I am all the sudden being depicted as this evil person. Silver I am sorry he didnt call you back but I tried to help you out. When you called me about tuning you asked ME what I thought you should do and I told you. Allen has taken care of me why would I tell you to go with anyone different:confused: Never-the-less I tried to help you the best that I could and now you are jumping on me, thats bit rude dont oyu think? Generally there is a bit of decorum that is kept around here but obviously tonight it is lost upon some people. Maybe some people have ahd a bit too much to drink I dont know but I dont appreciate it. Apparently there are a few people that feel I am worth a crap on this site as I have recieved a few pms about this thread. If you dont like me or what I have to say then fine pm me or keep it to yourself. Slowprocess, I took the part about you inferring that I had said you(or anyone else) didnt know anything as a dig towards me. I am not that kind of person at all and by making that assumption through an internet forum is a poor choice on your part. Im not trying to start a fight at all but I feel I am being attacked here. The part on seeing what the difference between a built motor and your motor is knd of apples to oranges dont you think. I ahve the heaviest truck you can get while you have the lightest. I will still run you for sure if I attend but if this is what Im walking into come Nov Ill get my track times ALOT closer to home and not waste my time to sit an be an outsider at a meet no thanks. I think most of the Houston guys can attest that I am a good guy. I have always been recieved well at all the meets if this was just an act then please let me know I dont care nor want to be a burden or unwanted guest. If I have made post that seem belittle other peoples stuff because mine is better I am truely sorry I didnt intend it to be that way at all I am just a little proud of all the hard work I have put into my truck. I think anyone would be that way if they worked as hard for the stuff that I have, and Im not saying every else didnt work for what they have but at my pay rate it doesnt add up very quickly.:judge: