PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Southern (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/southern-118/)
-   -   1slow01Z71 (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/southern-118/1slow01z71-371974/)

slowprocess 08-12-2006 11:11 PM

1slow01Z71

You've got alot of opinions on everybody's setup and how they can make it better. Let's see what the Z will do in November at No Problem Raceway. Maybe you can give me alittle advice on mine after we line them up. I'm anxious to see how bad you'll beat me with such an elaborate setup as you run to my basic 6.0L/cam/nitrous setup.

v8 08-12-2006 11:14 PM

Damn What A Call Out Lol.

FarmerBeau 08-12-2006 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by slowprocess
You've got alot of opinions on everybody's setup and how they can make it better. Let's see what the Z will do in November at No Problem Raceway. Maybe you can give me alittle advice on mine after we line them up. I'm anxious to see how bad you'll beat me with such an elaborate setup as you run to my basic 6.0L/cam/nitrous setup.

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Is this a callout?

Im excited. :jest:

trever1t 08-12-2006 11:15 PM

Slow vs. Slow
I want video! :eek2:

goshawk23 08-12-2006 11:23 PM

I'll take on the winner. I can't wait to see how badass this thing really is.

slowprocess 08-12-2006 11:32 PM

Originally Posted by goshawk23
I'll take on the winner. I can't wait to see how badass this thing really is.

I hear its going for 9s, so we should be easy pickings......especially with our low budget setups and low knowledge of trucks. Hell, blacksheep might want to get in on this as well. :jest:

Rhino79 08-13-2006 12:24 AM

I hear its going for 9s, so we should be easy pickings......especially with our low budget setups and low knowledge of trucks. Hell, blacksheep might want to get in on this as well. :jest:

When you get through with him I bet the Wood Hauler's lil 408 might want some of that 418 too.:judge:

1slow01Z71 08-13-2006 12:25 AM

Wondering how Im a know-it-all? I never made a single derogatory remark towards blacksheep I just stated he is the quickest but not the fastest then I proceeded to aska few more questions about his setup and even commented that he should have both titles AND be in the 9s easily. I fail to to see the error of my ways. I DO know quite a bit since I have done all my own work and have "been there, done that" so-to speak. I will never claim to know it all, I just give my suggestion of what I would do in a certain instance since I have been on here a while and have seen what works and doesnt. I also have plenty of real life experience with my own setup and friends trucks/cars. I in no way give advice to be an ass or make people look dumb I just dont want them to waste as much money as I have by messing up and buying the wrong things and having to go back in and do them again differently. I give major props to blacksheep and what he has done so dont take anything that I have said as a derogatory remark towards him or anyone else. The ONLY people that I TRY and make look like fools are the ones that get on here and are a true tool or constantly spout off misinformation. With that being said...

Heads are being ordered from WCCH next week and HPT is on its way. Ill still be running a built 65e so...:eyes:

Bring it and hope you brung enough.:D

1slow01Z71 08-13-2006 12:27 AM

Here is the deal guys Ill run ya'll on the track then lets take it to the street in MY element where I will have an advantage, which is what i built my truck for, the street. I think its fair considering the weight advantages you all have on me. Im by no means making excuses but it would be interesting to see the difference street vs. track makes.

Just wanted to bring out one more point

especially with our low budget setups and low knowledge of trucks.

I NEVER once said you had no/low knowledge of our vehicles or that you had a POS. I have always encouraged you to stick with it through all your tranny problems and everything else, thats kind of low blow considering I have done nothing to you to warrant a remark like that.

silver-mod-o 08-13-2006 12:31 AM

it just seems like you are usually the "one upper guy" Cody.... but if you've been there, done that and built a motor that drinks oil like a thirsty hooker all on your own then I guess I'll have to take what you say as gospel as well... I've noticed that trend for a long while... I wish I could be there to see the race. :D

1slow01Z71 08-13-2006 12:38 AM

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
it just seems like you are usually the "one upper guy" Cody.... but if you've been there, done that and built a motor that drinks oil like a thirsty hooker all on your own then I guess I'll have to take what you say as gospel as well... I've noticed that trend for a long while... I wish I could be there to see the race. :D

We will see what the oil problem really is. I have a sneaking suspiscion its the DART heads since so many people have had problems with oil consumption issues. This motor was built 4 times before it got into its current form and I was ready to get it going since I was running out of money and needed to get to TX so I had no choice and cut some corners possibly so if it was my error then so be it. The last time I put it together I had been up for 20 hours working on the truck straight, I fell asleep in the back of the truck ask mjhoward he woke me up. It is quite possible I did something wrong since I was in such a tired state.

WTF is up with this $hit tonight seriously. Who pissed in everyones cheerios? Silver what do you mean by the "one uppper guy"? I guess giving you my personall cell number so if oyu had any problems with your installs and trying ot get ahold of my tranny guy ot walk you through the servo install and everything accounts for nothing huh? You can kiss my a$$ man. I have done nothing but try and help everyone out on here. If you have a problem with me or something I said then let me know. I am generally an easy going guy but I dont like being bashed either, especially when it is un-warranted.

Rhino79 08-13-2006 12:39 AM

but if you've been there, done that and built a motor that drinks oil like a thirsty hooker all on your own then I guess I'll have to take what you say as gospel as well

:punch: :rotflmao:LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

slowprocess 08-13-2006 12:41 AM

I just ask for a race. A low budget build to a high dollar unlimited funds build. I want to see what that thing will do.

silver-mod-o 08-13-2006 12:49 AM

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
We will see what the oil problem really is. I have a sneaking suspiscion its the DART heads since so many people have had problems with oil consumption issues. This motor was built 4 times before it got into its current form and I was ready to get it going since I was running out of money and needed to get to TX so I had no choice and cut some corners possibly so if it was my error then so be it. The last time I put it together I had been up for 20 hours working on the truck straight, I fell asleep in the back of the truck ask mjhoward he woke me up. It is quite possible I did something wrong since I was in such a tired state.

WTF is up with this $hit tonight seriously. Who pissed in everyones cheerios? Silver what do you mean by the "one uppper guy"? I guess giving you my personall cell number so if oyu had any problems with your installs and trying ot get ahold of my tranny guy ot walk you through the servo install and everything accounts for nothing huh? You can kiss my a$$ man. I have done nothing but try and help everyone out on here. If you have a problem with me or something I said then let me know. I am generally an easy going guy but I dont like being bashed either, especially when it is un-warranted.

dude, all you told me on the phone, when I called you from Iraq BTW, was how good of a tuner Allen Nelson was and how I should only let him tune my truck etc etc etc.... I appreciate your willingness to help, I really do. but I still had no clue where to go with my setup. I had never worked on anything "new" so I was kind of lost. all I had ever worked on until this truck was old BBC and SBC motors, they are nothing like these animals and since you were building your own and seemed to know what you were doing I asked for your help... which was minimal. as far as your tranny guy goes... I called him probably 5 times that day and left messages with a lady "I'm guessing it was his wife" and NEVER got any call returned. I guess he wasnt too concerned....

as far as the "one upper guy" if someone has a blown up something, you have blown up two of them, if someone has a cam, your cam is or will be bigger and better. and how NOBODY's setup is quite as radical as yours is... and there's nobody else in the world who can spin 4 tires on the street for 20ft.... I could do that in my K5 blazer with 38's and a big block... I'm not real impressed, I'm sure others kinda feel similarly...

slowprocess 08-13-2006 12:50 AM

This is a bashing? :confused:

silver-mod-o 08-13-2006 12:53 AM

I dont think what I said could be qualified as bashing either... I was simply making a comment on a trend I have seen... nothing more.

slowprocess 08-13-2006 12:56 AM

I dont think what I said could be qualified as bashing either... I was simply making a comment on a trend I have seen... nothing more.

Other's have seen that trend from time to time. Noticed he had to add this to the rant.....

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Heads are being ordered from WCCH next week and HPT is on its way. Ill still be running a built 65e so...

Bring it and hope you brung enough.

Colby 04 08-13-2006 01:23 AM

damn, this thread went to shit real quick...

1ImperialSS 08-13-2006 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by Colby 04

im with you man.

1slow01Z71 08-13-2006 02:56 AM

None of you personally know that well the only two peopleon here that can vouch for me and how I truely am are closet redneck and mjhoward. I dont take some dogging my stuff lightly silver(dont remember your name off hand). Yes motor drinks oil like its going out of style. Did I mess something up, maybe, could it be my heads, maybe, who knows till I tear it down. I will be doing so soon. I added in the part about "bringing enough" because it seems that everyone on here wants a piece of me and Im up for a race any time. I know Im not the only one that can spin all four tires on my truck, hell white1 could spin em to 50mph, granted it was due to a converter issue but thats beside the point. Do I think I have the best truck on the site, no, do I think I have a nice truck, yes. I have put more blood sweet and tears into this truck than 99% of the people on here and i take pride in the fact that I have done it ALL. Luckily I had the support of a few members on here to help me learn and I am grateful, all I have simply tried ot do is return the favor to others on here who are where I was a year or two ago. I dont understand how I am all the sudden being depicted as this evil person. Silver I am sorry he didnt call you back but I tried to help you out. When you called me about tuning you asked ME what I thought you should do and I told you. Allen has taken care of me why would I tell you to go with anyone different:confused: Never-the-less I tried to help you the best that I could and now you are jumping on me, thats bit rude dont oyu think? Generally there is a bit of decorum that is kept around here but obviously tonight it is lost upon some people. Maybe some people have ahd a bit too much to drink I dont know but I dont appreciate it. Apparently there are a few people that feel I am worth a crap on this site as I have recieved a few pms about this thread. If you dont like me or what I have to say then fine pm me or keep it to yourself. Slowprocess, I took the part about you inferring that I had said you(or anyone else) didnt know anything as a dig towards me. I am not that kind of person at all and by making that assumption through an internet forum is a poor choice on your part. Im not trying to start a fight at all but I feel I am being attacked here. The part on seeing what the difference between a built motor and your motor is knd of apples to oranges dont you think. I ahve the heaviest truck you can get while you have the lightest. I will still run you for sure if I attend but if this is what Im walking into come Nov Ill get my track times ALOT closer to home and not waste my time to sit an be an outsider at a meet no thanks. I think most of the Houston guys can attest that I am a good guy. I have always been recieved well at all the meets if this was just an act then please let me know I dont care nor want to be a burden or unwanted guest. If I have made post that seem belittle other peoples stuff because mine is better I am truely sorry I didnt intend it to be that way at all I am just a little proud of all the hard work I have put into my truck. I think anyone would be that way if they worked as hard for the stuff that I have, and Im not saying every else didnt work for what they have but at my pay rate it doesnt add up very quickly.:judge:

1slow01Z71 08-13-2006 03:06 AM

SlowP you have a pm.

TurboGibbs 08-13-2006 08:48 AM

http://www.hsvracing.com/phpBB2/imag...es/popcorn.gif

v8 08-13-2006 09:55 AM

Good morning everyone, have a great day.

ranwalk 08-13-2006 10:07 AM

Lets just keep this civil :judge: I dont wanna use this
http://inkandstuff2.co.uk/images/ac92908.jpg
:jest:

02sierraz71_5.3 08-13-2006 10:56 AM

1slow:
Its time for put up or shut up, Im glad someone finally did this because we've been waiting on track times or at least a vid of the 4wd burnout forever, proof is in the pudding anyone can talk not everyone has a truck that runs well.

Run what ya brung and from what Ive read so far all you have is excuses.
Go setup the race he is keeping it civil by not wagering anything.

02sierraz71_5.3 08-13-2006 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ranwalk
Lets just keep this civil :judge: I dont wanna use this
http://inkandstuff2.co.uk/images/ac92908.jpg
:jest:

What the hell is this your like an over bearing substitute teacher, everyone is playing nice.
Oh dont make me lock this thread wwwwwoooohhh :wrist:

ranwalk 08-13-2006 11:01 AM

Originally Posted by 02sierraz71_5.3
What the hell is this your like an over bearing substitute teacher, everyone is playing nice.
Oh dont make me lock this thread wwwwwoooohhh :wrist:

It was a joke, glad to see you are smart enough to realize that :eyes:

02sierraz71_5.3 08-13-2006 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by ranwalk
It was a joke, glad to see you are smart enough to realize that :eyes:

It might have been funny the first time some mod did it but after the 56 times Ive seen it, its just gay.

Now back to the racing when are we gonna see em line up.

nightrunner 08-13-2006 11:24 AM

why cant we all just get along

silver-mod-o 08-13-2006 11:29 AM

I guess the combo of a couple beers, my truck still being broke, frustration... and the fact that he wasnt very helpful despite what his intentions were didnt help last night... I apoligize Cody, I guess we just differ in some areas. But I think the biggest thing you should realize, is that

#1 Bigger isnt always better
#2 There's always someone faster
#3 not everyone always cares what all you've broken in the process of you building a motor that runs like ass....

Have a good 'un :)

Colby 04 08-13-2006 11:50 AM

......and you guy's claim this isn't a bashing?:funny:

If you want to race Cody or see vids of the rig, call him out in a tasteful manner...the way you guys are going about it isn't right IMO. I guess it would be a little different if it carried a humerous undertone, but that's not the case. If you have a beef, use PM's to resolve your issues instead of beating him with a stick on a public forum :eyes: . I'm kinda' suprised by this.

TexCrew 08-13-2006 11:50 AM

yeah man. this thread loooks bad. i hope all is good by now.

ranwalk 08-13-2006 11:58 AM

If you want to race Cody or see vids of the rig, call him out in a tasteful manner...the way you guys are going about it isn't right IMO. I guess it would be a little different if it carried a humerous undertone, but that's not the case. If you have a beef, use PM's to resolve your issues instead of beating him with a stick on a public forum :eyes: . I'm kinda' suprised by this.

Oh no, it isnt bad. No need to be moderated either. Just ask 02sierraz71_5.3 :eyes:

trever1t 08-13-2006 12:15 PM

:werd:
If you guys want to make him put his truck on the line, so be it. I'm all in favor of putting truck where the mouth is, so to speak, but there's no need for public deflamation.

With as many posting members we have it's inevitable you're going to disagree or even dislike another. No big deal. Just keep it civil or use PM, and keep PT.net a mature friendly place where members dont have to feel they might get slammed for a posting.
:judge:

litreddevil 08-13-2006 12:16 PM

i'm not taking side and don't know if i missed something but i am cool with all i hope.sometimes we voice your opinion and people take it the worng way,i know i have pissed many people off on here,we all need to remember opinion r like ass holes everyone has one and just because i don't like what you r doing,hey its you and your stuff,do what ever you want.
hopes this thread gets better

02sierraz71_5.3 08-13-2006 12:27 PM

I just want to see a race, we can all hug and hold hands latter lets get some smokin tires and et's here.

ap2002 08-13-2006 01:37 PM

damn seems like everyone is on their menstrual cycle today..... :jest:

FarmerBeau 08-13-2006 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by ap2002
damn seems like everyone is on their menstrual cycle today..... :jest:

:nod:

Lets calm down and stop the uncivil talk. We are mostly all adults here and we should all act as such. If slow called 1slow out, fine, lets see them shake hands before and after the race. I want to see this race, how about yall? This is somewhat of an automotive club, not a pissing match. With that being said....

...Pee on me. :jest: :rotflmao:

1slow01Z71 08-13-2006 03:18 PM

Ok point blank the deal on my truck running well point blank is it for sure has a bad lifter, it burns oil whether due to my own fault or the DART heads. Next the infamous 65e is on its last leg I am trying very hard to get it all up and running but I had to buy a bunch of tools also in order to do it since I WONT pay someone to workon my truck. If someone has 4K sitting around please send it to me and my truck will be up and running by the end of this month. MY turck has been down for the better part of a year due to multiple problems and I have been sick of working on it. Im just getting around to where I want to start working on it again and have been collecting parts/tools for the last month or so. Im moving at the end of this month so I have seen no need to tear my $hit all apart to fix it when I got to move in a coupleof weeks. I also have not put it together since I want to go back wiht the biggest and the best and well that costs money. I have NEVER said I was the best, had the best, did the best things EVER. True bigger is NOT always better but in a lot of cases it is. My 418 is a hell of alot better than my 5.3 could have every been, is better then a stout 6L maybe maybe not. I wouldnt head to NPR with the vision that I was going to kick everyones a$$ at all. I have the heaviest truck you can get vs. some very light trucks so I need the cubes to help even playing field its why I went with a stroker in the first place. Like I said before Im not making excuses and I fully intend on running it. 02sierrawhatever you are just a troll man. Good job making a big deal out of why my truck has been to the track or videos or whatever when you dont know a damn thing about my situation or whats been going on. I have never said I could do a 4wd burnout I said it would spin the tires for 15-20 feet on asphault and less on sticky ocncrete. The past 8 months since the motor has been built have been busy for me and hte truck has been on the back burner plain and simple. It has problems and hopefully they will be fixed by Nov so I can come race anyone who has their panties in a wad. On the whole thing about me being a "know-it-all" Im sorry if I have come off rude in some of my posts it was not my intentions at all I am just very opionated apparently:jest: Whatever it takes to have my $hit up and running for the NPR Ill do it, so there will be no more $hit talking about this.

silver-mod-o 08-13-2006 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by FarmerBeau
...Pee on me. :jest: :rotflmao:

YUCK!!!! :jest: