Special Section?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by trever1t
oh, was I supposed to do something?

under review.....
Oh yea.. forgot to tell ya... I mean ask ya..
Old 06-04-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What you are talking about is actually a sub forum. John could set one up if we really needed em. Only problem with them is we have several makes on the board, with sub sections pertaining to each one...... if we had a how to section for say, just GM's, you'd have one each in Engine, Drivetrain and Tuning. THEN, you can even get chassis specific, like special sections for the SSS guys, the TBSS guys, the JG guys, the VHO guys.........

See where I'm going?

It would be just as easy from now on to have anyone that posts a thread with some "How To" info to PM it to the mod of the section so that it may be indexed and labeled accordingly...........

I'm jus sayin,
Old 06-04-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Similar to this set up, except only post could be asking a specific question or to clarify something. Having no post would prob get aggravating if you want to ask a question?

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-tutorials/

This is a pretty neat set up also..

http://www.355nation.net/forum/how-t...ers-how-s.html

Reson i started this is because i was tryin to find the Write up on how to install LS1 fans and after searching with no luck i wanted to bother the mods... haha
Did you check out the links Cree? Something like that with all the info on one page.

Can there be a "mini" Sub Forum at the very bottom of the Index page where only the HOW TOs go? Not for each individual section, just one big one. They can be Categorized in there.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Did you check out the links Cree? Something like that with all the info on one page.

Can there be a "mini" Sub Forum at the very bottom of the Index page where only the HOW TOs go? Not for each individual section, just one big one. They can be Categorized in there.
Yeah, I did. The first link we already have in several sections.... just a section index with info seperated out according to what it pertains to.

The second link is what I was talking about in my last post. It's not as organized, but it's easily searchable, just like the rest of the forum.

To be honest, this topic has come up several times with the staff. We were kind of of the opinion that the index's were by and large being passed over.....

I guess we can mention it again and see what everyone else wants to do.
Old 06-04-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ok thats cool.. just thought it would be kinda simple and easier to find things.. Tell the staff to get to work. haha jk.

Just a thought when i was searching for Free mods for my cousins new '08 Canyon.

Thanks Bill and Rob for listening.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:20 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

HEY...I'm not a *****!!!
Old 06-10-2008, 02:33 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually I'm +1 with Jonathan here! I've been thinking about requesting something like this too but wanted to get a collection of all the "how to" threads before actually asking if someone else would make a separate TOPIC for just "how to's"
Honestly most people just skip over "Stickies", I being one of them because they usually aren't specific enough and you have to search through all of X amount of stickies and different topics and sections that all have their own stickies about different stuff that often cosses over. And I'm not the only lazy one, we all pretty much do it too.
I think Jonathan's idea and first link he posted would work really great for this site. Really cut down on MPG with Radix, Best headers, Max tire sizes for blah blah blah, etc... questions that pop up a few times a week.
Basically the issue isn't that the info isn't on here, because it really is, or that it's hasn't been "Stickied" or linked for quicker reference by some, it's just that it isn't organized as well as it could be or as readily available and that isn't anyone's fault. The mods all have real jobs in real life and don't have 60 hours to spend on it.
I think a specific forum or Topic would be great for just "how to's". Sorry this got long but I've been thinking about this too. Would of saved me from a few threads I started recently.

Oh yeah...and PT mods are the greatest! (my best kissing-*** Jonathan impression)
Old 10-19-2008, 10:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Oh yeah...and PT mods are the greatest! (my best kissing-*** Jonathan impression)
OF all the forums in on... they are the best.. Most Mods dont joke around like bill does.. ok is bill really a Mod??
Old 10-20-2008, 03:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

I really like this idea as well...i know we have tips/tricks/ how to sticky but it would be nice it there was a sub forum with each tip or trick with its own threads inside...

this thread...https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...?t=363112...is great and all but wouldnt it be nice just to scroll through a list of threads to find what info you are looking for rather than looking through pages of posts or searching...I know GMFS has something like this and Ive referred to it a few times for some nice write-ups...i just think it would be a nice addition to an already great site....we have a lot of great write ups scattered throughout the site so again would be nice to have em all in one place, and i know we also have ford, and dodge here as well so you can just make it something like...

FORD how to
DODGE how to
GM how to
-obs
-nbs
-nnbs

something along that lines maybe...again just a thought and something that would really help keep the same threads from popping up 3 times a week...