Site Suggestions Site Suggestions & Comments

cant get in classifieds

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:22 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS
Something in the water around here?
explains it then, I have a well. You city folk like collecting and selling.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:45 AM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyThunder17
You can see the difference in people's attitudes on PT.net. For me, it's the difference between NY when I lived there and Michigan.
that sums it all up right there
Old 06-01-2007, 05:37 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ChevyThunder17
You can see the difference in people's attitudes on PT.net. I've been on LS1Tech since is started, and I've been coming over here for awhile now. I try to help folks out where I can. At least over here there is less childish behavior. Probably because you can get an F-body way cheaper now. And that the mods here don't... I can't articulate what I want to say without bashing the mods over there on Tech.

The mods here are just better. And the people seem to be nicer too. For me, it's the difference between NY when I lived there and Michigan.
Ditto! There's a lot of things I have yet to learn and don't know much about, and I don't feel the least embarrased or self-conscious about asking questions here on PT.net, regardless of how stupid they might be. I've read posts on tech where people don't bash but do act like snobs when they have to answer a stupid question. I agree, I don't think any forum has a better set of mods.
Speaking of which...I'm assuming they get paid to do this no? Is this their full time jobs or a really really demanding hobby??
Old 06-01-2007, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The mods don't get paid (typically), they do it 'for the love of the game' as the saying goes. And it's hard to read thousands of posts a day.

I try to help out where I can. This stuff doesn't come easy to everyone. I'm not an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but I don't have a fear of trying something new. My cam choice is a perfect example of that.

There are lots of people that are better at this than I am. But I won't look down on someone for not knowing something. There is plenty of mis-information out there that you'll run into. We as a community try to do what we can for the collective good.

At least, that's my feeling behind it.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Mr. Obvious

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i look at it like this, when i came here, i knew NOTHING, and everything about these trucks i have either learned from here or from personal experience working on my truck. so i dont feel bad at all about helping someone out, even if it is their 1st post.

although it does get tiring at times telling the same thing over and over
Old 06-01-2007, 05:50 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by nightrunner
i look at it like this, when i came here, i knew NOTHING, and everything about these trucks i have either learned from here or from personal experience working on my truck. so i dont feel bad at all about helping someone out, even if it is their 1st post.

although it does get tiring at times telling the same thing over and over
Old 06-01-2007, 11:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant get into the classifieds either. guess 50 posts isnt the only thing needed?
Old 06-01-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Resident

It's 6 months and 50 posts I believe. You have another month and a half to go.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

interesting. i must be reading this wrong then.

3. You need to have accumulated at least 50 posts or have been registered with LS1Tech or PerformanceTrucks.Net for 6 months to post a thread in the classifieds section. This is an effort to curb scamming and help protect our members.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:52 PM
TECH Resident

No, I'm reading it the same way as you. Seems like you should have the ability, I'm just guessing at why you wouldn't. I'd PM a mod about it.

Quick Reply: cant get in classifieds