Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

why are people such assholes?

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 11:01 PM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default why are people such ********?

Last week, someone thought it would be cool to key my truck -- 5 foot gash down the side.

Ok, gotta expect that when you have something nice -- someone will be jealous and try to screw it up for you.

Tonight, after leaving the hospital where my Grandfather is dying, some *** in a ricer with a muffler thought he'd race me. When I wouldn't race he fish-tailed through the intersection, almost hitting me. Then at every light for 6 miles he got in the lane next to me and revved and then peeled out. When I continued to ingore him and change lanes, etc., he just got into the lane next to me and kept it up. At one point, when I slowed way down trying to get away from him, he slammed on the brakes, I guess to 'race me' and was almost rearended by another truck -- we'll get back to the other truck in a minute. After 6 miles of this, I looked over and saw him sitting next to us laughing. I immediately thought "he's about to do something stupid" and got the f**k away from him as soon as the light changed (thank STS for 600 hp). We got through the intersection and I thought even thing was cool...

BAM. He intentionally hit us. He hit the passenger door, the ec door, the rear wheel, and the kick panel behind the rear wheel, spun me through three lanes of oncoming traffic, spun himself out and almost hit two other cars.

I say intentionally, because of the three witnessrd who stopped... All three said he intentionally hit me -- fishtailed and then got off the gas when I left him, and then pulled up next to me and tried to 'Pitt' me (but was stupid and hit the door instead of the tail).

We're were all sitting there and I got out to look at the truck, etc., when the guy smokes a 180 (he was facing on coming traffic) and drove away. We called 911 immediatly.

Remember the guy in the truck who almost rear-ended the *******? Heheh, he chased the guy and got his license plate.

Rest of the long story short: we waited 2 hours for an FHP to come. Nothing is going to happen to the guy. At most, he will get an improper lane change ticket, but since no one could identify the driver, not even that is likely -- even if the guy ADMITS he did it and admits he left the scene. In FL, nothing you say about a traffic accident can be used against you...

So now i have to call my insurance company and make a claim against MY policy.

Funny thing is the officer gave me his name, address, VIN and insurance card. It was almost like she was telling me to pay him a visit since she can't...
Old 08-01-2005, 11:10 PM
TECH Junkie

damn that sucks

I think I remeber reading something similar to this a while back
Old 08-01-2005, 11:30 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man that really sucks.
Lucky for him and his passengers you're a calm guy, somebody else might of chased him down and rammed him in the back. Most states hit and run don't mean anything unless it caused an injury....I think that law sucks.
Old 08-01-2005, 11:53 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

holy **** that really sucks!

wtf is wrong with people these days?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Sorry to hear the bad news Erik. There are a lot of idiots in the world.
Old 08-02-2005, 02:02 AM
Tribe Shaman

damn man sorry to hear about the truck. hope everybody is alright.
sounds like a job for captian moon light and his magic bat.
Old 08-02-2005, 04:03 AM
TECH Regular

Wait, wasn't that a hit and run? With witnesses and evidence? You should make that punk pay
Old 08-02-2005, 07:01 AM
I AM A MOTHERF*CKER

After sleeping on it, I think I need to find a 1972 Eldorado and 5-6 bags of cement to fill the body panels with... Think if I rearend the guy everyday for a month it will get my point across?

Thanks for your support guys -- it helps

This morning I have to go and see what's effed up underneath the truck. I already know the pass side brake is trashed from driving it home last night. I think the wheel is trashed too but it was too dark to tell.

I'll post some pics if I'm not drunk or arrested for assault later today.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:38 AM
On The Tree

sorry to hear about the truck glad no one was hurt I'd have to pay that bastard a visit. I had sopmething similar happen the other day but I slammed the brakes so he wouldn't hit me, then proceeded to chas couldn't catch him and his damn bmw
Old 08-02-2005, 08:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

I vote you remove all of the lug nuts from one side of his car at night with the exception of one per wheel that are barely on and let nature take its course. The one loose one per wheel will get him going down the road and hopefully a tree or telephone pole will take care of the rest when those come off!

Quick Reply: why are people such assholes?