Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

rst problems

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2008, 12:25 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default rst problems

Hey, I was hoping some of the rest of you could share your problems you have had with your RST.

So far my wheels pitted to ****(partially my fault), rotors cracked, and exhaust rattles a bit randomly. Even better Regency wants me to drive the truck 40 miles with cracked rotors so a dealer of their choice can look at it. I also didn't like the aftermarket foglight wiring so I am installing a stock foglight harness. It is almost like everything they did to the truck is subpar by my standards.

Sooooooo...... I have the rims off, I am having the crappy chrome job removed and the wheels are being powder coated gloss black. I am installing some good tires on the rear to replace the piece of spit ones that come on it. The rotors are hopefully being replaced under warrenty until I can afford some nicer brakes. I am also tuning the truck speed density and putting some long tube headers with an off road y on her. I have a couple other tricks up my sleeve as well so hopefully in the next couple weeks it will look like a new truck.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:33 AM
formerly 2004RST (changed 11/19/2012)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

exhaust rattle would be any truck owner with dual exhaust i've ever known...the wheels pitting is not your fault...you need to get ceramic break pads rather than semi-metallic pads...i've NEVER heard of the rotor cracking...idk what kind of warranty baer has on their rotors...you can try calling them...but yes the foose rims suck...you would think you would get better quality for the name...if the truck is still under warranty than yeah they WILL replace the rotors...if your under 36k miles & less than the 3 yr deal then you should NOT have any problem having them replaced...and as far as the fog lights go...whats wrong with how it's wired? the fact that they shut off when u turn ur high beams on? cause that's every vehicle i've ever drove
Old 08-15-2008, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

foglights were not too bad. I just didnt like how the wiring was ziptied to everything. It even had relays ziptied under my dash so I would rather stock switch and harness. Thanks for the info on the pads I am going to see if regency will do anything about the rims for me. The rotors are ssbc because it is a newer rst, they cracked right at the drill holes. One side cracked all the way thru. Regency sounded like they will replace them as long as the dealership calls it mfg defect. The truck is an 07 with like 14k on it.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:08 AM

yeah dealership will cover it...tell them to put the ceramics on too because the semi-metallics could have been what cracked the rotor in the first place
Old 08-15-2008, 05:31 PM
TECH Addict

I want to see those wheels when your done!
Old 08-15-2008, 06:59 PM
Launching!

I have been tossing around having my wheels powder coated for like a year now. If yours look good, i'm having mine done ASAP!!! Post pics!!!!
Old 08-15-2008, 10:08 PM
On The Tree

who makes an off road y pipe that works with stock or jba headers? if nobody does I will just go with the pacesetter long tubes until i can afford some stainless works headers.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:53 AM

custom make one?
Old 08-16-2008, 11:37 AM
On The Tree

+1 on the wheels. I think another common prob that i've noticed is the spoiler starts to lift after a while. I've had replaced once already and now its starting to lift again. I'm just gonna get the intimedator ss spoiler
Old 08-16-2008, 12:05 PM

see i don't have the spoiler....so i'm sayin **** it and i'm just gonna go with the ******** tonneau w/ the speedster spoiler & throw the stripes down the tonneau

Quick Reply: rst problems