Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 10:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah i get that in the mornin when its cold too.

and my oil pressure does the same.
Old 03-16-2008, 10:46 AM
Launching!

I have always had "the slap." You stop hearing it after a while, but it is a little embarresing at car shows if you stay idle for more then a few min.

I guess i wont be concerned about my oil pressure. I just wanted to make sure everything was ok b4 I throw a tr220 112lsa cam in it.
Old 03-17-2008, 06:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

got a couple questions for you guys....

1st, does your truck run pretty rough (jumpy) when you first start and start to drive it?
it seems to be worse when its warm, i thought it would be worse when its cold, but it actuall doesnt do it as bad when its cold outside.

didnt know if these have a IAC like my ford, (idle air control)which did the same thing untill i cleaned it. any other ideas....

2nd~~does anybodyelse have "beats" in they're truck? i ihave the passenger seat rattlin to beat hell, like there is something loose inside(since i have the 2- 12's behind the seats.)

and didnt know if they came apart to fix it
Old 03-17-2008, 08:31 PM
TECH Resident

its not the passenger seat belt rattlin is it. mine will do that once in awhile. the only difference is i dont have subs. lol. next time you have the subs goin reach over and pull on the seat belt and see if you can pull it out. the rattle might be the dead man's weight for the locker on the seat belt.

my truck use to run rough. but yesterday i installed my tbss intake with 90mm tb. and it is something i would recommend highly. the truck acts like a f-body now. holy , does it get loose in a hurry now. we had alittle rain today and it was trying to rain on my way home from work. i was in second gettin on the highway and nailed it to get around some semi's and she got alittle loose but not much and then when i hit 4500rpm she broke the tires loose at like 60mph. i had a grin from ear to ear. i cant wait for the rest of my go fast parts to come in so i can complete my build. that and i cant wait to go to the track. oh, ill have some dyno numbers for the intake swap adn upgrading to 42# injectors on the 29th.
Old 03-18-2008, 06:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

cool, the seatbelt does screw with me on the drivers side, evrytime the bass hits, my seatbelt wont move lol
Old 03-18-2008, 09:05 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by booger78z28
cool, the seatbelt does screw with me on the drivers side, evrytime the bass hits, my seatbelt wont move lol
thats the dead man's weight in the seat for the locker. that might be your problem which you cant remove that. sorry to say.
Old 03-18-2008, 03:57 PM
Launching!

Red, you installed the TBSS intake manifold? or just air intake w/ the 90mm tb? This something i can do to my 4.8?
Old 03-18-2008, 06:13 PM
TECH Resident

yeah i got a ssr/tbss intake from a member on here with the 90mm tb and holy **** its a different truck. there is alot of low end torque and there is alot of air flow up top. it isnt the prettiest thing to look at but it works. i dont know what it would do on a 4.8. but it is a direct replacement for the stock truck intake. you will have to by a converter for the tb electrical hookup. i got the intake for $400 and then the converter cost me $210. but i didnt have to move anything like when you do a ls6 intake. took me a hour and a half to get the old one off and the new one on. i think im gonna buy a ssr engine cover to dress it up, cuz the stock vortec cover wont work any more. ill get some pics of it and post them up in a few.

i know its drity but i have been drivin the truck all winter and its raining out right now. lol.

Name:  MyTruck003.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  85.8 KB

the little silver box on the fuel rail is the converter
Name:  MyTruck0022.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  90.2 KB

Name:  MyTruck0012.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  95.2 KB

Last edited by RED04REGENCYRST; 03-18-2008 at 07:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:25 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by booger78z28
got a couple questions for you guys....

1st, does your truck run pretty rough (jumpy) when you first start and start to drive it?
it seems to be worse when its warm, i thought it would be worse when its cold, but it actuall doesnt do it as bad when its cold outside.

didnt know if these have a IAC like my ford, (idle air control)which did the same thing untill i cleaned it. any other ideas....

2nd~~does anybodyelse have "beats" in they're truck? i ihave the passenger seat rattlin to beat hell, like there is something loose inside(since i have the 2- 12's behind the seats.)

and didnt know if they came apart to fix it
Boog, my truck does the jumpy start ups EXACTLY like yours.
Old 03-18-2008, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

by the way boog i never did answer that part of your question but. these do have IAC im not sure where or how you get to it. but when you are tuning there is a peramiter to edit the IAC.

Quick Reply: Regency RST Complete Write-Up Info