Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Cuttout Dilemma...

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 08:39 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cuttout Dilemma...

Ok so i finnaly got the time to put my 05 regency RCSB on blocks to see where im gonna put my cutouts on it and ran into a little dilemma...

Its still got the shorty headers on it and i looked at how its set up and there is no place to put the fricken cutout until u get back toward the exhaust. I was hopeing to maybe put them infront of the cats, or else just rip the cats off and put them there but then it wouldnt be street legal (dont really care if its legal or not tho)... that would be option #1 im thinking...

The other option could be expensive. I'd buy LT headers and go to a shop that can make custom pipes to where i can put the cutouts on where i want them... Only problem with that is i really dont want to be spending that much money on that...

Has anyone here put cutouts on their RCSB 4.8L here that has made them work (preferredly before the cats or close to them) ?????????
Old 01-23-2011, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I don't know man. I'm looking at running a single on mine. Right after the trans cross member. I really wouldn't waste my time installing them till you get a set of LTs. They can be had all day long on ebay for $300.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CHEVR...Q5fAccessories

I'm running these on mine.
Old 01-23-2011, 01:09 PM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you wanting it to just be loud or are you looking for function? Mine worked fine right behind my passenger side door. This is with LTs, ORY, 3" pipe.
Old 01-23-2011, 10:31 PM
Launching!

i dont think ur going to be able to get them on before the cats. I have LTs with an ORY and my cutout is right where the 2 pipes meet. I'd take pics but its 10degrees out and the truck has been hibernating for almost 3 months lol.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:31 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 04RST
i dont think ur going to be able to get them on before the cats. I have LTs with an ORY and my cutout is right where the 2 pipes meet. I'd take pics but its 10degrees out and the truck has been hibernating for almost 3 months lol.

No i dont blame u for not taking pics lol, it was -28 degrees here 2 days ago so i know how u feel lol...

But i do have a question and i feel stupid asking but what's an ORY? I hear it all the time here and there but never know wth it is lol...
Old 01-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 00ChevyScott
Are you wanting it to just be loud or are you looking for function? Mine worked fine right behind my passenger side door. This is with LTs, ORY, 3" pipe.

I am going for max performance but still want good sound quality when i install my cam i bought.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:32 AM
Wearin' da big hat

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Off Road Y pipe. Basically it's an aftermarket Y pipe without cats, and is sometimes a larger diameter pipe.
Old 01-25-2011, 11:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Silver05Rst
No i dont blame u for not taking pics lol, it was -28 degrees here 2 days ago so i know how u feel lol...

But i do have a question and i feel stupid asking but what's an ORY? I hear it all the time here and there but never know wth it is lol...
Off Road Y-pipe
Old 01-25-2011, 11:20 PM
Launching!

ahhhhhhh, that makes sense lol

Hey thx guys for the input, ill let ya know around spring time how it works out.