Notices
Silverado SS, Joe Gibbs Editions, SSR Suspension | Wheels | Tires | Drivetrain |Engine | Body | News

Which blower for Silverado SS!?

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2005, 12:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Radix!!!!!!!!

I love mine on the 6 liter it has tons of power and surprises most people as well!!
Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by TrakDay
I would get an ATI before Vortech... sorry man! My ATI on the GTO looks much better and ATIs have put down better numbers than the Vortech on the GTOs. And of course I am biased! But like I said I want the low end on the truck...the GTO has enough grunt for me to get around and out run most other vehicles!
No problem, everybody to there own thing !
Old 12-15-2005, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Rotrex. You will need to do some tuning, but I expect there to be similar times w/well tuned kits...check it out at W2W powertrains webpage.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:01 AM
Teching In

Take a look at the VPS version of the RADIX kit. It is specially tuned for lower boost, but provides a GM/Gibbs developed trans tuning and all the parts to upgrade the tranny for reliability. If the truck is less than a year old and has less than 12,000 miles, the kit can be covered by a full 36,000 mile OEM grade warranty (one without all the "gotchas").

VPS is the successor company to Joe Gibbs Performance that is selling the JGP developed performance upgrades along with some new stuff to suplement it.

Order the kit with the intercooler if you plan to tow as indicated. Should give you what you want.
Old 12-15-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by RacerTrucks
Take a look at the VPS version of the RADIX kit. It is specially tuned for lower boost, but provides a GM/Gibbs developed trans tuning and all the parts to upgrade the tranny for reliability. If the truck is less than a year old and has less than 12,000 miles, the kit can be covered by a full 36,000 mile OEM grade warranty (one without all the "gotchas").

VPS is the successor company to Joe Gibbs Performance that is selling the JGP developed performance upgrades along with some new stuff to suplement it.

Order the kit with the intercooler if you plan to tow as indicated. Should give you what you want.
really?? I thought the eaton m112 was the same?? and the biggest compressor that maggie has?? You are right tuning is the biggest factor between 13.somthing and getting 12's
Old 12-16-2005, 09:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by RacerTrucks

Do you have a link where I can find the info on this setup!? I will probably end up buying a new SS and if I do I would definately do this within 12k miles especially since it will be my tower/daily driver... I would like to have a warranty for once. The last 3 cars I bought were all new, and haven't had a warranty last longer than 6months. The GTO has a hard time getting things like the seat looked at due to my mods!
Old 12-16-2005, 09:23 PM
Notorious BIG

Originally Posted by TrakDay
The limited mods you are running is very similar to what I am looking to do with the truck! Do you have any videos or pictures of the car/setup!?
PM me if you would like to know more on my truck or need pics. Actually, you can shoot over to silveradoss.com and you should find lots of pics on my setup. My sig here does not list all my mods btw.
Old 12-17-2005, 07:39 AM
11 Second Truck Club

I think the Radix is youre best bet.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:37 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If you are looking to have daily driven reliability and be able to tow without worry, The MagnaCharger Radix is your only choice.
Old 12-17-2005, 03:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BlownChevy
If you are looking to have daily driven reliability and be able to tow without worry, The MagnaCharger Radix is your only choice.

Quick Reply: Which blower for Silverado SS!?