Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Z06 calipers on 15"rotors on a SSS

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Z06 calipers on 15"rotors on a SSS

Did the Zo6 brake upgrade alittle while back and there was room for improvement for the front brakes. So after alot of R & D by a fellow SilveradoSS.com member my SSS is now wearing 15" rotors up front. Some before and after pics.

Some parts before the install.

14" powerslots on the front.

Reason for the 15" upgrade (unused brake pad)

Now the 15" rotors (very big difference in looks and stopping power)

Rear set-up (still using this set-up, no need to upgrade)

Old 11-14-2008, 05:35 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

one mod I would love to do someday when I got rims big enough to accept the bigger rotors and calipers, hows it compare to stock?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:47 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

wow that must stop.. so that extra inch diameter made than much of a difference huh?
Old 11-14-2008, 05:53 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
one mod I would love to do someday when I got rims big enough to accept the bigger rotors and calipers, hows it compare to stock?
They don't. They will nose dive The Red Brick, but I am taking it easy on them for the 1st 500 or so miles. I also did ss brakelines and Super Blue Race brake fluid.
Old 11-14-2008, 05:56 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PSM
wow that must stop.. so that extra inch diameter made than much of a difference huh?
There was alot of unused brake pad w/ the 14's so I was somewhat disappointed, esp. w/ how much money I spent on the entire set-up. The 15's use the entire brake pad and it now stops like I thought it was going to.

How is your truck coming along?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:01 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jf-03-ss
There was alot of unused brake pad w/ the 14's so I was somewhat disappointed, esp. w/ how much money I spent on the entire set-up. The 15's use the entire brake pad and it now stops like I thought it was going to.

How is your truck coming along?
haha sore subject... the truck runs, fired her up last weekend. Its the exhaust that is holding me up.

I bough a full system mendrel bent system headers to tail pipe and am having issues. The nice headers I got don't fit and the cat back hits the quadrasteer. I ordered some mendrel bends to try to fix the exhaust, but i can't find a shop to weld the stainless. I think I may ask around the shipyard for a welder that wants some side work. Once thats done I go down to slowhawk for the final tune. Gotta keep it together so i can run it next spring at epping.
Old 11-14-2008, 06:06 PM
Launching!

Weld on or off the truck?I think I might know a welder
Old 11-14-2008, 06:10 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

hmmm on the truck.. I want to weld all the joints, plus i need a cross over pipe put in.. then i need the bends put in to go around the quadrasteer motor. I'm not sure if i can find some one than can cut/fab up all the pipes in the truck and weld them. I could try to cut up all the pipes to fit, but then then truck wouldn't be able to move...
Old 11-14-2008, 06:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by PSM
hmmm on the truck.. I want to weld all the joints, plus i need a cross over pipe put in.. then i need the bends put in to go around the quadrasteer motor. I'm not sure if i can find some one than can cut/fab up all the pipes in the truck and weld them. I could try to cut up all the pipes to fit, but then then truck wouldn't be able to move...
You need someone w/ a lift and a tig welder. I only have the tig welder. This is nothing Don could do?
Old 11-14-2008, 06:15 PM
PSM
TECH Fanatic

I've approached him a couple times about it but i'm not getting the feeling that hes interested in the exhaust part. Its the only thing thats holding me back from going down to him for a tune.

Quick Reply: Z06 calipers on 15"rotors on a SSS