SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why is finding rims such a pain in my . . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why is finding rims such a pain in my . . .

. . . . A$$. So I will be due for some new rubber coming up soon and I want to run my stock 17s with a/ts during deer/duck season and have a nice set of wheels for the rest of the year. I have wanted either tahoe 20s or the new silverado 20s the LTzs I think. However the problem with this is that the prices are astronomical. I know I shouldn't complain about price, but I'm 23 with a new career and money isn't exactly flowing in like the 93 flood. I don't mind spending some cash for a nice set of rims, but I would like to keep it realistic.

I have a past thread on tahoe 20s, but I have been looking for awhile and it is tough to find them for cheap. I am starting to open up to other options. So I am turning to you. . . my fellow enthusiasts for a little help. I need some opinions on wheel/tire/size combo for a z71 cc that is a daily driver. Weight doesn't concern me a whole lot, the truck is already a pig. I don't want to pay a boatload, and I want 20s or 18s. I do not like black rims. I have always liked the DC-1s like these.

I appreicate all the input, remember I'm on a 23 year old budget. I am not going to lay down my life savings on wheels and tires. Here are just a couple pics of my truck for those of you who haven't seen it. . . and yes paint matched handles and upper val are coming. Thanks yall.

Old 08-08-2010, 03:15 PM
TECH Addict

i think those would look great on your truck man
Old 08-08-2010, 03:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ehh, they're ok, but nothing special IMO, they look like the cheapo wheels we sell at discount....just keep a look out, i traded my old wheels for was wanting to trade even for some stock wheels like yours and i talked him into trading for mine lol...........whatever you do, do not get rockstars
Old 08-08-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Addict

these would look good

http://www.tulipcitywheels.com/image...rtillery-c.jpg
Old 08-08-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh come on, you don't like rockstars? lol Well I want to keep my stockers for the winter time. I have been keeping an eye out, but I am starting to get impatient.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gs7793
Those aren't too terribly bad, what site are you on that you saw those? I am curious about price and the other specs.
Old 08-08-2010, 03:33 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by camochevy21
oh come on, you don't like rockstars? lol Well I want to keep my stockers for the winter time. I have been keeping an eye out, but I am starting to get impatient.
Those aren't too terribly bad, what site are you on that you saw those? I am curious about price and the other specs.
idk about in arkansas, but here in texas everyone and their dogs with a lifted truck have rockstars or some other xd wheels, its ridiculous lol.......but looks like those wheels are made by american racing and they're called "artillery"- http://www.americanracing.com/browse_atx.asp
Old 08-08-2010, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Yea not many people around here have em, if any. I'm not a huge fan. I do like the new gmc wheels, and I think I have seen some gmc wheels on a chevy before.
Old 08-08-2010, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Yea not many people around here have em, if any. I'm not a huge fan. I do like the new gmc wheels, and I think I have seen some gmc wheels on a chevy before.
yeah ive seen some gmc wheels on a chevy before....just cant remember where i saw em at....hahahaha

Old 08-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Staging Lane

i say some 18" raceline renagade 6's wrapped in some 285/65R18 nitto trail grapplers

Quick Reply: Why is finding rims such a pain in my . . .