Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why bother with 5 lug conversion....

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2013, 12:06 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by custm2500
I have seen countless brand new wheels that the holes are only a sliver apart. The seat on one uni lug hole touches another one just like these wheels. Leaving only a sliver of metal between the two lug holes. Sorry I didn't find a perfect picture of that. Companies do it every day without any concern for being sued or hurting anyone because it is compleatly safe. That isn't taking into account that these wheels seem to be billet compared to the cheap cast wheels I am accustom to seeing.

Again yes you must be ignorant to think that this wheel is an issue given the pictures we can see. Ignorance is fine but intelligents is filling the holes of your ignorance by learning.

I can't find any pictures of wheels I am talking about because all of the truck wheels that are 5 and 6 multi lug generaly have center caps. I will make sure to take a picuture next time I seem some. My wheels have 2 holes that are less then 1/2" on the back side therfore the cones just barly touch but I can't get a good picture of it with the wheel on.
Intelligence
Old 02-06-2013, 12:14 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Intelligence
Old 02-06-2013, 12:15 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Intelligence
Sorry my spelling is horrible and my spell checker is messed up. Then multiply that by the fact that I type fast.
Old 02-06-2013, 01:06 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm still waiting for Cag Racing to jump in on this one...you don't need material on your wheels, or brakes, or frame rails....
Old 02-06-2013, 04:51 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

I figured he was the roll cage, double frame truck, or this one. I try not to jump on people's back since I get crapped on all the time. Especialy out of line.
Old 02-06-2013, 11:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Slammed96
I'm still waiting for Cag Racing to jump in on this one...you don't need material on your wheels, or brakes, or frame rails....
i was really a big fan of his build lmao
Old 02-07-2013, 05:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

That setup came from HPT.com
Old 02-08-2013, 06:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by custm2500
I figured he was the roll cage, double frame truck, or this one. I try not to jump on people's back since I get crapped on all the time. Especialy out of line.
I just read through a ton of threads and posts of yours. At first I felt bad for but after a while I noticed that most comments were never intended to offend you but rather motivate you to think differently and steer you in the right direction.

I bet you walk through life thinking everyone else is the dick or the problem because that's what your mom told you growing up.

Take a look in the mirror pal, if you think driving an extremely " modified " vehicle without front brakes is a good idea against all of the advice from very knowledgable people on this board and a handful of others I follow...

Then screw the "testing" and start at 160mph on a tree lined road.

You need to get your head checked bud, because the dangerous things you dream up and plan to do to prove people wrong arnt normal.

Be a big boy and think about the family of 5 driving next to you on the highway.

The world doesn't revolve around you.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:30 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by seepee
I just read through a ton of threads and posts of yours. At first I felt bad for but after a while I noticed that most comments were never intended to offend you but rather motivate you to think differently and steer you in the right direction.

I bet you walk through life thinking everyone else is the dick or the problem because that's what your mom told you growing up.

Take a look in the mirror pal, if you think driving an extremely " modified " vehicle without front brakes is a good idea against all of the advice from very knowledgable people on this board and a handful of others I follow...

You need to get your head checked bud, because the dangerous things you dream up and plan to do to prove people wrong arnt normal.

Be a big boy and think about the family of 5 driving next to you on the highway.

Ding ding ding we have a winner

Well said buddy
Old 02-08-2013, 07:46 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by seepee

I don't walk around with a chip on my shoulder and I don't have a problem thinking everyone around me is a dick or the problem. I genneraly get along with people around me.

Any time you have an idea you need to do some testing. Such as limiting the number operating brakes. If you use your brain and logic you can make a VERY strong case that the rear brakes will do just fine in a drag race situation. A monster truck has two rotors and weighs 10,000 lbs. They still stop very well. My rear is locked therfore at all times both rear tires will be stopping equaly. The only thing in question is the amount of traction the rear tires can offer to stop the truck. We don't need to re-ignite the debate but I will continue to make that point any time someone simply says it is stupid. It would be for track use only, the truck if ever drove on the street would be around the block to show it off.

I fully understand the world doesn't revolve around me but I also know this forum is full of a bunch of jerks that don't use their head, they simply spew back what is the un-thought out responce. If I tell my GF that I am taking brakes off a vehical I would expect the shreeks heard on this site. She is compleatly ignorant aside from pushing the gas to go and the brake pedal to stop. But talking to knowlegable people I would expect atleast some to be be mechanicaly intelligent enough to think "holly **** that just might work!?"

The funny thing is that the track official of my local track and another track down the road said they would have no issue with me having only rear brakes. The only concern they said is if I ran in a class it might make it hard because doing a burnout would typicaly trip the start line and disqualify me.

I am not taking my Tahoe and pulling brakes off it and driving the family around. If I ever did this it would be on my track only toy and would be heavily tested before any conclusion at the track running 100+mph.

Back to what this thread is originally about, these wheels are mechanicaly fine. I have seen atleast a hundred aftermarket wheels with identical amounts of meat between two lug holes for multi lug aplications.

So no need to feel bad for me. I am a big boy and can handle myself just fine. The last thing I need is accolades from people on this site if something I come up with works or atleast makes sence. I also don't have a problem admiting failure, bad news is I havn't been able to take my ideas to the testing stage for numerous reasons. When I come up with an idea I can promise you that it has a lot of facts or knowledge behind it. Doesn't mean it will always have the result I am looking for but atleast I and other will know the true answer. But that is what experamenting is, thinking outside the box with an educated guess as to what will happen.

Quick Reply: Why bother with 5 lug conversion....