SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why bother with 5 lug conversion....

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 07:33 AM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why bother with 5 lug conversion....

When you can just convert 5 lug wheels to 6 lug

Great looking truck and I'll take 5 spoke wheels over 6 spoke any day of the week.. but man this just looks kinda shady haha.

Chevrolet : Silverado 1500 LTZ Vortec M in Chevrolet | eBay Motors

Old 02-05-2013, 07:37 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Just drill the rim out and make your own holes. Use a hole saw.
Old 02-05-2013, 05:11 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The mechanics of it are perfectly fine.

The look of it iabsolutelyly garbage.
Old 02-05-2013, 11:01 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

seriously? The mechanics of it are NOT superfine, when you have that little material between 2 bolt holes on an aluminum rim thats disaster waiting to happen
Old 02-05-2013, 11:05 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not defending Custm, but those wheels are actually manufactured like that with 2 different bolt patterns, so they are multi-fit. Yes it looks like ****.
Old 02-06-2013, 05:19 AM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Not defending Custm, but those wheels are actually manufactured like that with 2 different bolt patterns, so they are multi-fit. Yes it looks like ****.
I have seen what you're referring mainly on the cast cheapo wheels to make them universal... these look like billets which they will drill to any pattern you want at the time of build. Plus even on most universal ones the center cap covers up the lugs so they could hide the ugly mess they've made
I suppose the person who purchased them could have specified they want the original 5 lug pattern between the spokes, and then a 6 lug pattern as well... that would take a really special individual regardless lol
Old 02-06-2013, 06:22 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
seriously? The mechanics of it are NOT superfine, when you have that little material between 2 bolt holes on an aluminum rim thats disaster waiting to happen
Continue to show your ignorance. Thousands if not millions of wheels are build just like this factory! According to someone in this thread these wheels were made that way factory, I can't confirm that.

I am all about over building something if you have opportunity. The fact is metal is much stronger then most of you relize, and or are willing to admit.

People critisize me all the time but most of it lies on there lack of knowledge about how amazingly mechanicaly strong things are. Do you realize that the craiger soft 8 wheels are held together with 5, 1" welds? The center section to the outter rim!?!?!? Every single ounce of torque you produce is held back by 5"s of weld!(maybe 10 or 20 depending on how many tires are putting power to the ground.)

Just incase you are still ignorant and don't want to believe me here are some pictures of highly unsafe wheels!

This one is very scary.

Contrary to popular beliefe I generaly know what I am talking about. When I have a crazy idea it is based on a lot more facts then the arguments used against me. I might not always be right but I never take a compleate shot in the dark without having some facts to my hypothosis.
Old 02-06-2013, 06:25 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
Sorry it is so hard to defend someone that actualy know what the hell they are talking about. No need to be scared, I don't think anyone is going to beat you up behind the bleachers after school.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:02 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

One more of these highly unsafe wheels showed up on the first page of my local craigs list. Might want to call them and tell them to take them off the market!

I am done flooding this thread with knowledge.
Old 02-06-2013, 09:09 AM
Import Moderator

None of the wheels you posted are even in question, so in reality you're only flooding this thread with idiocy.

I recognize that there are plenty of universal patterned wheels floating around and they're perfectly safe due to the fact that the lugs all have 360* of meat around them.

These wheels however do not, there are 2 lug nut holes that are oblonged because of the 6x5.5 pattern being drilled in to part of the 5 lug holes. As well as 2 of the other lug nut holes having basically a metal shaving dividing them from the other lug pattern.

That being said, it's probably very unlikely that you could spin the wheels on the studs... but you won't see them on my truck anytime soon lol.

Quick Reply: Why bother with 5 lug conversion....