Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sylvania Silverstars.

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 11:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sylvania Silverstars.

I recently installed some Silverstars and all I can say is "Wow"! I'm very impressed with these bulbs. I had 55watt Philips for low beams and 100watt APC bulbs for my highs and the Silverstars smoke both sets of bulbs. They made my low beams look especially pathetic. The are a tad brighter than the APC bulbs and ALOT clearer/cleaner light without much blue cast at all. The Silverstars in addition to being much brighter give off a nice crisp white light. I'm pretty happy with them.
Old 10-31-2003, 01:58 AM
14 Second Truck Club

if it's not too much trouble, would it be possible if you could take a night pic with both sets in. i'm really tempted to go out and get some but i need something to push me over.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:33 AM
TECH Veteran

I can. I'll try to do it friday night.
Old 10-31-2003, 11:49 AM
14 Second Truck Club

thanks
Old 10-31-2003, 12:06 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by renegade4e
if it's not too much trouble, would it be possible if you could take a night pic with both sets in. i'm really tempted to go out and get some but i need something to push me over.
They are worth it. I recently picked up a set and the vastly improved clarity was worth it. Do it...peer pressure is a bitch
Old 10-31-2003, 02:39 PM
14 Second Truck Club

lol, yeah no pressure here. if i spend anything it'll be after the truck note hits. it's been a little tight this month.
Old 11-09-2003, 06:18 PM
12 Second Club

What size are all the bulbs (fogs, headlamps, daytime running lamps) and do you have the part #'s for the silverstars?

Thanks
Old 11-09-2003, 08:33 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sylvania just came out with a Silverstar 880 that can be safely used in the fogs of our trucks. Bout dam time Id say. Now I can get rid of the nasty brown looking lights for something to somewhat match my HID.
Old 11-10-2003, 07:20 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 99Silver5.3
Sylvania just came out with a Silverstar 880 that can be safely used in the fogs of our trucks.
Yep I know, I'm running those too along with the Silverstar turn signal bulbs.

Originally Posted by O3GMC
What size are all the bulbs (fogs, headlamps, daytime running lamps) and do you have the part #'s for the silverstars?
Depends on what bulbs you need. Does the GMC's have a seperate bulb for high and low beams like the Chevy's? If so, the high beam is a 9005 and the low beam is a 9006. The fog/driving bulbs are an 880 and the turn signal bulbs are 3157's. You can order Silverstars off of Sylvania's website, that's where I got mine from.

http://www.sylvania.com/auto/silverstar.htm

Here are some pics of the Silverstars in action. I'm running all Silverstars up front except the two outside turn signal bulbs. Not sure what their number is but they are the small bulbs. The first image is a pic of the Silverstar turn signal bulbs. The driver side has the Silverstar in and the passenger side is the amber colored bulb. The turn signal bulbs have a light blue color to them and complement the clear corners much better than the amber colored bulbs. The last two images don't accurately predict how well they light up the road but the sure are bright!
Attached Thumbnails Sylvania Silverstars.-silverstar1.jpg   Sylvania Silverstars.-silverstar2.jpg   Sylvania Silverstars.-silverstar3.jpg  
Old 11-10-2003, 01:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

J smith
I posted a thread in putting high beam silverstars in the low beam spot - talk about bright !!!

Question - they make silver star turn signal bulbs ?? - I did not see that on the website

I changed my turn signal bulbs from amber to clear to match my driving lights.

Quick Reply: Sylvania Silverstars.