Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SS seat upgrade/center console mod

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2009, 04:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JakeBrakeIH
yep were you supposed to get them or something?
no but I called them 2hrs after it was posted to go get them but they were sold lol
Old 01-24-2009, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GMracer
no but I called them 2hrs after it was posted to go get them but they were sold lol
lol they sure are comfy
Old 01-24-2009, 05:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice job man. That's a great upgrade
Old 02-03-2009, 11:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Nice.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Teching In

I just started this swap, except i am using seats from an EXT into my friends newly 2000 silverado
Old 03-26-2009, 12:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

I want to do the same swap.

My problem is I don't know if GM made the same interior color I have (pewter) in my 2000 from 03-07. It's like a really light grey interior. I found they did make a "medium pewter" 03-07 but I don't know if it matches mine or not. The other option is to use 99-02 seats, but due to the time that's passed, finding a nice set would be very hard, also the 03-07 seats are simply better.
Old 03-26-2009, 08:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I did the SS leather seats and console into my RCSB and I got the entire harness with them. Currently they're not wired up yet (due to cold weather) but the entire harness makes them plug 'n play. Only problem is my truck is an 06 rcsb and the leather seats came out of an 03 SS which is an ECSB truck. I have the weight sensor in the passenger seat for the airbag from the factory in my 06 RCSB and the ECSBs don't have it. Yep, I have an airbag light on right now until I figure out how to play with the electrical to trick the BCM into thinking the sensor is plugged in.

Any thoughts on how to fix that anyone?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeZQ8SS
I did the SS leather seats and console into my RCSB and I got the entire harness with them. Currently they're not wired up yet (due to cold weather) but the entire harness makes them plug 'n play. Only problem is my truck is an 06 rcsb and the leather seats came out of an 03 SS which is an ECSB truck. I have the weight sensor in the passenger seat for the airbag from the factory in my 06 RCSB and the ECSBs don't have it. Yep, I have an airbag light on right now until I figure out how to play with the electrical to trick the BCM into thinking the sensor is plugged in.

Any thoughts on how to fix that anyone?
I am wondering the same thing. I just ran into this problem. My light is on and its killing me.

What did you do to get power to the passenger side? I couldn't find a hot or a ground!!! I got frustrated and just stuck them in anyway!!!
Old 11-30-2009, 11:40 PM
Piss Pumps for Sale

Location: Moncton, New Brunswick, Canada, The True North Strong and Free!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To the original maker of this thread, I got a question thats off topic, you mentioned doing a t56 swap, and I noticed your truck is a 5 speed 4x4, do you plan on keeping the 4x4?
Old 12-01-2009, 06:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Silvy6.0
I am wondering the same thing. I just ran into this problem. My light is on and its killing me.

What did you do to get power to the passenger side? I couldn't find a hot or a ground!!! I got frustrated and just stuck them in anyway!!!
did you get the wiring harness or did you just use a power and ground? I simply just ran a fused power wire to the driver side, then ran that wire across to the passenger side. I just used the seat as a ground and it worked fine but I have yet to figure out how to heat em

Originally Posted by Chevy Cowboy
To the original maker of this thread, I got a question thats off topic, you mentioned doing a t56 swap, and I noticed your truck is a 5 speed 4x4, do you plan on keeping the 4x4?
I dont plan on keeping it 4x4, simply because it would be too costly for how often I use 4wd. I've already removed the front diff and changed over the front hubs. I did hear rumors that someone was trying to make a transfer case for the t56 but again, I can only imagine how much that would cost.

Quick Reply: SS seat upgrade/center console mod