Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks! And here you go

Old 07-30-2009, 11:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thanks for all the replies.
I've made a decision. It should be here in several weeks.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So.... which one is it?
Old 07-31-2009, 05:55 PM
TECH Senior Member

Snugtop SL. I gotta travel to get it. No biggie, I haven't taken a road trip in awhile. If I have time, I'll visit my brother. Haven't seen him for a few yrs.

Anyway, the guy matched someone else's price, & saved me 3 hrs. of driving. I owe a big thanks to 02BlueStepside, cause w/o. him suggesting a price match, I might not have tried/ or thought of it due to clouded excitement. Normally I might think clearly, but my excitement could've gotten the best of me.
I expected him to call the place, since w/. a match, he said he'd have to. I shoulda told him the price I wanted to beat & adjusted it by say, $25-100. It's cool tho, he took care of me. Should come in 3-4 wks. That's business days, so it's really like the end of August. Pics to follow.
Thanks again to all for replies.
Old 08-01-2009, 08:37 AM
Banned

I was in Australia over the this last month and I have always been interrrested in there UTE's you know the Holden Commadore UTE it is like the elcamino but brand new so had a guy show me his UTE SS and it was reall nice and it had a Tonneau cover it was painted and made of a composite material and was built just like the undercover model but made by GM. SO does any one have a Undercover Tonneau cover on there silverado I would like to see some pic's I am interrested in it, I would buy it if it was low profile like the ******* and paintable and alot cheaper, I have a crewcab 1500 silverado!
Old 08-01-2009, 06:31 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ryan_prettyman
I was in Australia over the this last month and I have always been interrrested in there UTE's you know the Holden Commadore UTE it is like the elcamino but brand new so had a guy show me his UTE SS and it was reall nice and it had a Tonneau cover it was painted and made of a composite material and was built just like the undercover model but made by GM. SO does any one have a Undercover Tonneau cover on there silverado I would like to see some pic's I am interrested in it, I would buy it if it was low profile like the ******* and paintable and alot cheaper, I have a crewcab 1500 silverado!
Must be really cool to go to OZ. Great scenery & I'll bet a ton of hotties.
They shoulda brought that Ute SS here years ago, instead of say, the Aztec or some of the other ugly GM misfits.

Undercover was on my list of considered tonneaus. Looks like a great product.
It's a lot cheaper, & they say it's paintable. IDK what color u have, but it looks like a Birch Metallic. On a solid color, it might take paint nice, but have been told a metallic won't match as nice. So u could try it & hope, go another brand, or what for potential future offering. If it happens.

However, the current Undercover is textured not smooth like the 2 other I mentioned. Supposedly, they'll eventually have a smooth 1, but who knows when or how much.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by fastnblu
Must be really cool to go to OZ. Great scenery & I'll bet a ton of hotties.
They shoulda brought that Ute SS here years ago, instead of say, the Aztec or some of the other ugly GM misfits.

Undercover was on my list of considered tonneaus. Looks like a great product.
It's a lot cheaper, & they say it's paintable. IDK what color u have, but it looks like a Birch Metallic. On a solid color, it might take paint nice, but have been told a metallic won't match as nice. So u could try it & hope, go another brand, or what for potential future offering. If it happens.

However, the current Undercover is textured not smooth like the 2 other I mentioned. Supposedly, they'll eventually have a smooth 1, but who knows when or how much.
Tom,I'm late on this,I love my Snugtop S/L.But you could not go wrong with ******* either.Both are top notch.