Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???'s for the 'bagged boys

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2004, 06:57 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???'s for the 'bagged boys

Alright guys, I gotta RCSB Sierra and I wanna bag it. I gotta Belltech 3-5 drop, but I gotta have it bagged. I've been lookin at air ride technologies, and they are lookin like the best setup to go with.

I wanna know from all or any of you guys w/ air ride tech setups on your trucks... how is your ride quality, traction, any problems??? What kinda prices should I expect??

And for all the other guys that have other bag setups, should I stick w/ air ride tech, or are there some better/ just as good setups out there. Same questions to you as the others, ride quality, traction, problems, prices.

Also to anybody in the chicago, NW Indiana, or Detroit area, If you guys could point me in the direction of some good install shops, I would definately appreciate it.

Thanks in advance guys...
Old 03-03-2004, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

you may want to ask on www.gmfullsize.com there are more bagged guys over there.
Old 03-03-2004, 10:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

And even more at www.fullsizechevy.com
Old 03-03-2004, 11:13 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Nick99Chevy
And even more at www.fullsizechevy.com

Old 03-04-2004, 09:10 AM
Launching!

REPRESENTIN.........bagged, 4 linked, yada, yada,...........the ride in my truck is really nice........rides way better than any lowered truck ive riden in...........as far as traction i can smoke my 22's easy.....but 4 link hooks it up tight,
Attached Thumbnails ???'s for the 'bagged boys-forum-pic.jpg  
Old 03-04-2004, 10:54 AM
TECH Apprentice

My22Z, Beautiful truck, I love it. What kind of setup do you got on there (who did yu buy from) Have you ever had any problems with it??
Old 03-04-2004, 12:24 PM
Launching!

glad you like it......some hate to love it.......anyway, it's not a kit i happen to live in az and got hooked up with the bomb air bag guru..........i mail ordered the 1" 4 link and panhard bar, and 2" front spindles, toxic shocks, via air comps, slam air bags, all 1/2" plummed, digital gauge,..........he fabricated and welded the brackets so cleanly...knew where to make cuts, mout shocks properly, and lined up the rear end perfectly, it's art.....needless to say i've been fortunate not to have problems but i feel that has everything to do with his professionalism......good luck
Old 03-04-2004, 02:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

where did you get your stuff from?? How much (if you don't mind me askin)
Old 03-04-2004, 03:40 PM
Launching!

mail ordered everything..........shop around alot.....if you have a shop in mind tell them to itemize the parts list.......then you can comparison shop............the parts aren't that expensive under 2 grand maybe?......but the labor is what kills............just as much as parts if your lucky.......all the custom fab work takes time but these days you can buy the whole kit and bolt it on.............so i dont know about my cost being very accurate.....i mail order stuff so i don't have to pay sales tax..........
Old 03-06-2004, 04:53 AM
TECH Resident

All of my stuff is from Air Ride Technologies. They make real nice stuff. Id definately reccomend them. The only problems Ive had with it were the front shock mounts, I had problems with them breaking. So i made some new ones and havent had any problems since, thats the only problem Ive had.

I also had the shockwave setup up front and it was very nice, but I kept breaking them for some reason, I dont know why and nobody else knows why I had such bad luck with them, I dont know anyone else that has had problems with them.

The only downside to the shockwaves besides price is that they dont go as low as a regular setup, You need a drop spindle or something in order to lay frame with shockwaves.

Ive got pics of my truck on my cardomain site if you want to check it out. If youve got any other questions Ill try to answer them

Also, traction is great, as long as you set it all up right you will never see any wheel hop, It hooks up very well and the ride is great. Im actually still thinking about bagging the rear of my SS so that I can get that nice ride, and still be able to tow everything

Quick Reply: ???'s for the 'bagged boys