Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post Pics Of Your '88-'98 RCSB!

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2006, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Slo-Mo-Shun
I do agree, it needs a roll pan. It is on the list. Also on the list is a different set of wheels. The suspension drop was $1,700 in parts alone, I installed it myself. I have seen cars slow down through turns I've ran through, on 15in rims and 28in tires, I have a lot of side wall flex. My truck is currently at the "chiropractor" (body shop.) The left rear of the bed sits almost an inch lower than the right.
I was talking to the owner of the body shop and he says it's common for trucks to sag after a while. My truck currently has 387,635 miles on the chassis.
Before I stopped driving it, the rear end started clunking when I would come to a stop, because of excess play in the gears. This clunk would happen when the transmission would down shift. When I get it back from the "chiropractor," I'm going to start working on installing the 12-Bolt. I've been wanting to post pics of the truck for a long time. Just haven't had the time. And with that keep Truckin'
How's the ride of the Hotchkis kit? I've been wanting to install the springs and leafs on my truck for a while but I would need to redo the entire front end of bushings and joints and the $$$ adds up.

My dad had a Hotchkis kit on a 86 Monte Carlo SS and the ride was awesome so...I'm just hoping that with the springs/leafs and caltracs that it still will transfer the weight.

Oh and with 248,000 miles on my truck...my left rear sits lower as well.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:10 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here are a couple of pics of my 94 which is long since gone....[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-05-2006, 05:26 PM
Teching In

what drop and size of tires were you running. Truck looked sweet by the way.
Old 12-05-2006, 05:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

That red truck did look sweet!!! It looks like it had 275/60's on the rear, that's my guess.
Old 12-05-2006, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by drpdshrty
what drop and size of tires were you running. Truck looked sweet by the way.
Thanks. It was a 4/6 (spindles/coils up front and flip kit in back). 275/60s in rear and 236/60s up front.
Old 12-05-2006, 11:00 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

There's some sweet looking 88-98's around here, nice to see them!

tdrumm, there was a straight RCSB (might have been a WT) for sale in Englewood this summer, in the lot right across from the Exxon on Dean St. It was a lt blue color with about 80k on the ticker, and they were only askin a few thou for it if I remember correctly. I think it was a 95 or 96. If I had the cash and wasn't preparing to become a daddy, I would have jumped on it and brought it to life with my current 5.3.
Old 12-06-2006, 05:20 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by budhayes3
There's some sweet looking 88-98's around here, nice to see them!

tdrumm, there was a straight RCSB (might have been a WT) for sale in Englewood this summer, in the lot right across from the Exxon on Dean St. It was a lt blue color with about 80k on the ticker, and they were only askin a few thou for it if I remember correctly. I think it was a 95 or 96. If I had the cash and wasn't preparing to become a daddy, I would have jumped on it and brought it to life with my current 5.3.
I know the exact truck you are talking about, I looked at it when it was on the lot. It was pretty nice but I wasn't serious about it. The guy that bought it lives in Cresskill on Knickerbocker. The kid that has my old truck has threatened to sell it a couple of times, I told him to let me know when.
Old 12-08-2006, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by YenkoST
How's the ride of the Hotchkis kit? I've been wanting to install the springs and leafs on my truck for a while but I would need to redo the entire front end of bushings and joints and the $$$ adds up.

My dad had a Hotchkis kit on a 86 Monte Carlo SS and the ride was awesome so...I'm just hoping that with the springs/leafs and caltracs that it still will transfer the weight.

Oh and with 248,000 miles on my truck...my left rear sits lower as well.
Sorry it took so long for me to reply. The ride is really nice. It has hardly any body roll with the big sway bars. When I placed the order for the Hotchkis kit, the "salesman" on the phone told me that Hotchkis was going to quit making the TVS kit for the 88-98 Chevy pickups. He said because that style of truck isn't in the "market" anymore. At that time he said they had 23 complete kits. The following monday I placed an order for mine. At that point Hotchkis had already posted that the kit was no longer available. So then the company I ordered the kit through saw the post and called me back saying that it was no longer available. I told them that I had just got off the phone with Hotchkis the day before, and they told me that when those 23 kits were gone..... thats it,... no more. This went off and on for about 3 weeks. When it was defantly on order for me there were only 3 left. After that it took an additional 1 or 2 months for me to get the kit. Because they said that Hotchkis had to make a "run" (make) of rear sway bars. They told me that you could still get the sway bars, but the coil and leaf springs weren't going to be made anymore.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm....the springs and leafs are still on the website but who knows. I know I loved the ride in the Monte Carlo my dad had so....just getting an opinion about the truck kit. I don't want the sway bars, just the springs.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

Exclamation Let's Get Back On Track!

Post your photo's only please...Let's see those '88 through '98 Regular Cab ShortBeds!

Quick Reply: Post Pics Of Your '88-'98 RCSB!