Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pics of my lifted Silverado HD and Suburban with 22s

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 08:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of my lifted Silverado HD and Suburban with 22s

I took about 135 meg worth of pictures tonight to possibly get a few good ones. Here are a few that I liked -

Both trucks are powered by the 8.1 (496) big block. The Suburban gets extra motivation from an intercooled Whipple supercharger making 8# of boost. That is fed by a Volant induction, exhaust exits through a set of The Other Guys headers and then flows through the stock muffler. Custom dual tailpipes exit under the rear bumper. Other performance mods include a Direct Hits ignition, Flex-a-lite fans, custom programming and a TransGo shift kit. The stock hood, grill and bumper were replaced by parts that would be used on a Silverado HD. Stage 2 HID high and low beams shine through a set of Euro style head lamps. The low facia comes from PIAA. Their 40 series driving lights fill each opening but were converted to a set of stage 2 HIDs. This combo really lights up the road at night! The grill is made by Precision and I located a matching set of the lower airdam. A set of 22" Weld Evo Velocity 8 wheels are wrapped by 305/45/22 Toyo tires.

Inside entertainment is provided by a Pioneer 7300 DVD system with a 7" flip-up screen. 7" Alpine screens are mounted behind each of the front head rests. Those come in handy for watching movies or playing a game on the Microsoft X-Box. A pioneer 12 disk changer is mounted in the center console and XM radio makes sure there is plenty of uninterrupted music.

This seven passenger truck can also turn some impressive numbers at the track. It's run a best ET of 13.93 @ 95.79 MPH with a 1.91 60' time. Dyno numbers at the rear wheels are 407hp/557ft/lb torque. Definately not a Soccer Mom's Suburban!

I stayed naturally aspirated with the Silverado HD. This truck has most of the basic bolt-ons - Volant induction, The Other Guys headers, ported throttlebody and spacer, VR Stack, Direct Hits Ignition, Flex-a-lite fans, Comp Cam and custom programming. I was going to bolt on a supercharger but decided to go a different route. The iron heads will be replaced with a set of aluminum Raylar heads in a few weeks. Besides adding horsepower they will also take about 100lbs off the front of the truck. These will be topped by a newly designed Raylar intake manifold that will breath through a 1200 cfm billet throttlebody. A set of 1.8 ratio rockers will help the valves open a little more and feed a set of Stainless Works long tube headers. A more aggressive cam will also be slid into the block. This exhaust on this truck received the same treatment as the Suburban (dual tailpipes under the bumper). That will probably be replaced with a Corsa system soon.

A 6.5" Full Throttle lift helps get this truck off the ground. That along with a set of "Green keys" and a little cranking of the torsion bars get just over 8" of lift in the front. 4" Deaver springs are out back along with a set of 2" blocks to get some height back there. A set of 37x13.5x17 X-terrain tires are wrapped around Weld Evo Renegade XT wheels. A set of stage 1 HID lighting is used along with a set of PIAA 40 series driving lights that were also converted to HID. Billet covers the stock grill and fills the opens between the 40 series lights. The driveshaft is also polished every few months to keep it looking good.

The stock cloth seats were upgraded with leather and XM radio provides the tunes! A back-up camera with a mirror mounted camera will be installed next week. This way I don't have to worry about cars that I can't see behind me!

And a couple of both trucks together.

Tom
Old 08-10-2004, 09:02 PM
12 Second Club

Clean- nice pics!
Old 08-10-2004, 09:12 PM
Launching!

Damn those are some sweeet trucks. Like what you did with them.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:18 PM
On The Tree

wow! i want.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:28 PM
Teching In

so im thinking you like big trucks but i might be wrong lol
Old 08-10-2004, 09:28 PM
TECH Addict

Looks straight Tom. Now send me a free SC. lol
Old 08-10-2004, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

I love that suburban. I want to do the HD front on my Tahoe. I also want to put a set of 22' Centerlines on and get rid of the baby 20's. Thats going to have to wait until I hit 450rwhp though. It looks as though the xenarcs fit the HD front fine, I had heard that they didnt and left a big gap . I didnt want to have to get new ones after I already spent the money on my xenarcs.
Nice trucks!!
BTW What did the parts for the HD conversion run?? Was it difficult??
Old 08-10-2004, 11:44 PM
I Like Gold!!!

that is a badass burban man. keep up the good work.
Old 08-11-2004, 07:19 AM
TECH Senior Member

both are very sharp!
Old 08-11-2004, 02:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tom those are some sweet rides! Can I say something else to get some free parts

When are you going to try the new 8.1L heads and intake manifold?

Quick Reply: Pics of my lifted Silverado HD and Suburban with 22s