Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

nnbs door moldings

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default nnbs door moldings

I've taken off all the door badges,tailgate badges, and the big honkin' bowtie on the tailgate. I want to take off the door moldings also. Are they just held on with the same ole adhesive tape??? Can I use the same process to take them off like I did the small badges using the fishing line trick and then my MMM stripe off wheel and finally a little light duty MMM compound+MMM polish???
Old 05-23-2009, 10:54 AM
TECH Veteran

I don't know for certain but I would assume the door moldings are held on with the tape as well. Hopefully someone that has done it on an NNBS can comment.

Just comment for others debadging, the 3M stripe off wheel is worth every penny when it comes to these jobs. I used a heat gun and the wheel to do mine and it took about an hour tops for the whole truck.
Old 05-23-2009, 12:35 PM

They are just held on with tape, the process and time to remove them sucks, but you will be VERY happy with the results.
Old 05-23-2009, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, just some tape holding them on
Old 05-24-2009, 10:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ya its just the tape, if u want to see how good it looks u can search my truck blackvmax07 i have it done.
Old 05-25-2009, 09:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, got them off. Looks great!!!!!!!!! Should've done it last year!!! LOL
Old 05-25-2009, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

how did you do it Fast??
Old 05-25-2009, 05:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah I had already took off the door and tailgate badges. Decided I wanted the two door moldings off too. so yesterday evening with my wife's hair dryer,some 20 lb test fishing line, a MMM stripe eraser wheel, and some MMM adhesive 30 minutes later I'm done!!! Warm the tape around the edges of the moldings with the dryer. Then take your fishing line and start on one end by pulling it through the tape on one end. It will release easily. Then have a buddy keep constant pressure by pulling on the molding while you work the fish line up and down in a sawing motion. Takes bout a minute. Then with the stripe eraser wheel on your drill just start one one end using your drill with about 1/4 to 1/2 speed. The MMM tape comes right off. Then wipe it down with some adhesive remover. After that you may see a fine line around where the molding used to be. I took some real fine MMM machine compound by hand,dabbed a little on a cloth and rubbed real gently. It disappeared. After wiping the compound off, I then came back over the whole area with MMM polish. Sounds like alot of work but only took around 30 minutes to take both door moldings off.
Old 05-25-2009, 08:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I went to every autoparts store in town today and couldn't find the 3m eraser wheel... where are y'all finding them?
Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

oh yea, did you get any pics of it post removal? I haven't removed mine yet because I'm not sure I'll like the look...

Quick Reply: nnbs door moldings