Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Next Painting projects - Opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by nightrunner
i really think it would look cleaner if you took off the pinstripe and ditched the fender flares, im sure they are functional, but it would look much better IMO
Yeah been meaning to take the pin stripes off. They are mucked up in places and don't want to pay to replace them. I think it would look just a bit cleaner.

Originally Posted by nightrunner
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...93#post3960893
see post #3 for how it looks without the fender flares on a 2-tone
The paint under the flares is messed up. I'm going to keep the flares. At least until I decide to do a re-paint of the entire truck. I don't like the looks of no flares and 2-tone.

Originally Posted by charcold-bowtie
Paint the bumper cap, Why dont you put a grille on it. I like the way they look all flushed out in the fornt end. And if you do a rollpan, i would shave the tailgate handle as well.

Shaving tailgate would come way later with a complete make-over. That does look very good!
Originally Posted by budhayes3
Lookin good man, I really like the plan for evening out the bottom color all around. Not sure about color matching the wheels though...as for the exhaust, I say dump it and hide the tips once the roll pan is on...if for some reason you keep the rear bumper I'd keep the exhaust the way it is, it's pretty cool looking
Quickly nixing the wheel paint idea and running the exhaust out the rear. The exhaust as it is is just getting old to me.
Old 07-29-2008, 01:22 AM
12 Second SUV Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good. What about debadging the rear?
I say paint the bumper caps to match the lower part of the truck instead of the roll pan and dump the exhaust or tips in front of the rear tire.
Old 07-29-2008, 10:01 AM
TOTM: January 2007

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Roll pan would really clean up the rear of the truck, especially if it welded in. Be sure to seal the beack of the pan if you weld it in. A hide a hitch is like $99 from Jegs.

I like the flares and the 2 tone. I would just paint the front valence tan. Here is the back of my truck shaved. An SS tailgate cap would look nice.

Old 07-29-2008, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by PEDRO
looking good. What about debadging the rear?
I say paint the bumper caps to match the lower part of the truck instead of the roll pan and dump the exhaust or tips in front of the rear tire.
Yeah the badges days are numbered. Still sporting the LS on the side thats going. Once I get the taste of sticky tape off my fingers.
Gonna do both eventually. Front and Rear. Think I will try the front lower valance in black first. Will be easy to change if I don't like it. I've heard several trucks with the exhaust in front of the tires. Guess I'm too old. To loud and drone for me, plus I've got a lot of money and time in my custom exhaust that would have to be re done. A simple down after the axle behind the wheels. Old school its gonna be.

Originally Posted by Last Call
Roll pan would really clean up the rear of the truck, especially if it welded in. Be sure to seal the beack of the pan if you weld it in. A hide a hitch is like $99 from Jegs.

I like the flares and the 2 tone. I would just paint the front valence tan. Here is the back of my truck shaved. An SS tailgate cap would look nice.
That truck is sick Thanks for the tip on sealing the rear of the roll pan. Think I had also read that on like a Sir Michaels install file. Didn't even notice an SS had a different tailgate cap.... have to check into those.
Old 07-29-2008, 07:55 PM
Resident Retard

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I say paint your mirrors so you can learn to paint the plastic stuff... It would be a smaller project and still keep the truck driveable (except no mirrors)...
Old 07-30-2008, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I like the one tone idea and the steps your going. With the one tone, maybe black wheels with the polish lip or a dark silver with teh polished lip would look good IMO.

Also, I would just take the exhaust....cut the tips off...raise the exhaust up about 2"s at put dumps at the rollpan and give you a clean look...IMO...again.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:57 AM
On The Tree

I was messing around and tried some different combos. If you want me to try and photoshop anything else for you, just let me know. PM would be best since I'll get an email notice.

Sorry for all the pictures haha. Hey have you thought about painting your grill a tan color? If you want a pic let me know. i did one and thought it looked interesting.

Original

Grey

Black

Maroon Upper/Stock Lower

Maroon Upper/Black Lower

Attempt at color matching both

:]

Hope this helps.

And Here is a color matched mirror

Versus the stock

Last edited by TS77; 08-01-2008 at 01:13 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 01:06 AM
Staging Lane

I painted the front bumper cover top and lower valance pewter. The same as with the tailgate. I don't have the any pics of the front, but i have the rear though.

Last edited by WhySoSerious?; 08-01-2008 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-01-2008, 08:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TS77
I was messing around and tried some different combos. If you want me to try and photoshop anything else for you, just let me know. PM would be best since I'll get an email notice.

Sorry for all the pictures haha. Hey have you thought about painting your grill a tan color? If you want a pic let me know. i did one and thought it looked interesting.

Hope this helps.
Wow man thanks! Awesome skills there! That helps a lot!
Old 08-01-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by lo99tahoe
I painted the front bumper cover top and lower valance pewter. The same as with the tailgate. I don't have the any pics of the front, but i have the rear though.
Yep exactly what I'm planning on doing.. same colors and all. Another SICK truck!. Looks like an SS front end?

Quick Reply: Next Painting projects - Opinions wanted