Next Painting projects - Opinions wanted

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 12:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Next Painting projects - Opinions wanted

Guys,
Here she sits now.

Plan is extend the lower color around the front. Upper bumper cap and lower valance. I've thought about an SS cover but its being overdone I think and I want to keep the driving lights and tow hooks.

Another thing idea I am toying with is painting the wheels the same red as the upper side of the truck. Leaving the polished lip.

Rear I plan on a roll pan, hide hitch and extending the lower color around. Including the bottom half of the tailgate. I'll probably re-spray the entire bottom color all around. Several nicks/chips and road crud. Especially if I weld in the roll pan

Two ideas with the exhaust. 1> Just dump standard pipe behind the rear wheel pointing downward. 2> Toying with the idea of running the existing tips in through some cutouts in the roll pan.
Old 07-26-2008, 12:53 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Get to it.

I don't know about painting the wheels, it could look ok, have somebody photoshop it all up for you before you decide. Definitely weld in the pan and dump the exhaust behind the rear tires, exhaust thru the roll pan will look Mustang-ish imo.

Something as simple as the tail-cap makes a big difference too. The window visor things kind of detract a bit too, I know, I know they're functional
Old 07-26-2008, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hadn't ever thought about the window visor and tail cap. Window visors are damn handy in the rain. They can be painted to.... If they look bad just take them off. I've been trying to photoshop the wheels for a dan week on an off. Really wish I was hand with that software. Thanks for the input.
Old 07-26-2008, 01:36 PM
something else

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i dont know about the wheels being the same color as to top color maybe the bottom, maybe... IMO i like the way the wheels stand out from the burgundy, and the tan.

and the front bumper would look nice panted tan. if you do are you going to do it, are you going to leave the chrome alone?

+1 on what Trever1t said about the roll pan and exaust.

nice looknig truck.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

adding the lower color to the back of the tailgate makes it looks a lot better imo. Looks more finished...
Old 07-26-2008, 03:05 PM
Staging Lane

you should color match your girll and then paint the bowtie the bottom color??
Old 07-26-2008, 03:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think your wheels the way they are now go good with your scheme. I would definitely get the roll pan and dump the exhaust. From the 2 tone's i've seen with the cap painted the same color as the bottom and a stock bowtie, it looks odd. If you kept your bow tie maroon, and did the lower plastics tan, i think that would look good.

Last edited by SpoolinChevy; 07-26-2008 at 05:01 PM.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:23 PM
TECH Regular

I have seen a few trucks with the center section of the bumper painted and they look realy nice on the black and the blue trucks. Haven't seen any with the tan but I think it would be a nice look. The rollpan would definitely look nice with the two tone wraped around like you plan with option #2 fot the exhaust. I say go for it. I can't wait to see it whaterver you choose.
Old 07-26-2008, 03:28 PM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Everything else sounds good, besides doing the wheels. IMO they look good on the truck the way they are. I wouldn't match them to the color of the truck..

John
Old 07-26-2008, 05:33 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Definitely paint the bumper cap. It would really make the front flow with the rest of your truck. I love the way mine looks. I went with the black valance to match the black plastic on the mirrors.

Quick Reply: Next Painting projects - Opinions wanted