New rims for the Dmax...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by fortplainman
dirty but you get the idea, a lot of guys mention it:

http://www.gmfullsize.com/forum/show...201070&page=27
Definatly the way to go!!!! The huge 6 in center cap is going to look crappy, The low profile cap in this picture looks awesome!
Old 02-02-2011, 07:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fortplainman
dirty but you get the idea, a lot of guys mention it ]
Ya I see what your saying, but it looks like the 6 lug center cap is much more pointed than the 8 lug, do to it being much larger than the 6 lug caps. These have a little point but not too much. Where can you get those center caps?

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
You planning on putting a lift on your truck? What size tires? That x10 is going to be fun if youre not lifting.
No sir, just gonna crank the t-bars and massage the inner fenders a little. I will be using the truck at the pulls so I dont want to lift the front end at all.

Originally Posted by pewterliftedz
ur not gonna end up using the tires off of the 09???
No I will be using them. I just have to have them dismounted off of my GMC 20s and mounted on these wheels. Hope to have that done sometime next week.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:02 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What size tire? Cranking the bars is exactly what you DONT want to do if youre planning on pulling. Even with tie rod sleeves youre going to screw a centerlink up due to bad tie rod angles. You should really check out the sled pull section over on diesel place or ask tim z about all the troubles he had with cranked bars and decent power. Either lift it with a real lift or leave the bars alone if you plan pulling with it.
Old 02-02-2011, 11:23 PM
TECH Addict

What size tire? Cranking the bars is exactly what you DONT want to do if youre planning on pulling. Even with tie rod sleeves youre going to screw a centerlink up due to bad tie rod angles. You should really check out the sled pull section over on diesel place or ask tim z about all the troubles he had with cranked bars and decent power. Either lift it with a real lift or leave the bars alone if you plan pulling with it.
I'm with this guy... Cranking isn't good as I've learned the hard way too. I would run a small lift and leave your angles flat and run some 33s on those wheels. That's just what I would do
Old 02-03-2011, 07:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bumpers
I'm with this guy... Cranking isn't good as I've learned the hard way too. I would run a small lift and leave your angles flat and run some 33s on those wheels. That's just what I would do
Your correct, I will not have the bars cranked when I pull. Im gonna get a set of 33" swamper truxus sts for pulling. When I go to pull, Im gonna completely take of the torsion bar adjust bolt to let the front sit down all the way. If you even leave the bars at stock height you will wreck your front end. Even with leveling keys with the bolt out will still cause tow really bad, unless you hang weight, which is the reason I do NOT want to use leveling keys.

Here is my friends truck set up for pulling. You cant turn worth a **** but your just going from the pits, to the scale, to the track.

I have looking into doing this for quiet some time. I have helped my friend out for the past two pulling seasons so Ive seen my share of set ups. But thank you for making sure I didnt wreck my truck tho! lol
Old 02-03-2011, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

That's cool I know a lot of guys decrank and hang weight and such. Just seems like a lot of work to me.. I would rather have a small lift and flat angles so you can go play whenever without screwing up your alignment everytime you wanna pull
Old 02-03-2011, 08:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bumpers
That's cool I know a lot of guys decrank and hang weight and such. Just seems like a lot of work to me.. I would rather have a small lift and flat angles so you can go play whenever without screwing up your alignment everytime you wanna pull
Even with a lift and flat angles will be big problems. Once the weight is taken off the front end the angles go to ****. Guys with lifts still drop the t-bars almost all the way, pretty much you have to drop the t-bars if you want to pull.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:34 AM
TECH Addict

That makes sense.. Carry on lol