Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My Clean Chevy!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 11:15 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pdub-chlevy
Any suggestions on doing the lower valance? Like sanding it down first or using a filler primer, or both.

I have the stock bumper for now, any suggestions?
In short, sand it down smooth as much as possible, and use a crapload of adhesion promoter. Otherwise paint it like a normal piece. Mine has held up almost a year this way, NO chips.

I'm a big fan of colormatched rear bumpers. Some like roll pans. It's a matter of personal preference. If you are getting rid of all chrome on your truck, colormatching will help. If you are keeping some chrome, leave it as is for now.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Black-Jacket
what's with the oakley pinstripe?
I like oakley, I think it looks good on my truck.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by slpsilverado
In short, sand it down smooth as much as possible, and use a crapload of adhesion promoter. Otherwise paint it like a normal piece. Mine has held up almost a year this way, NO chips.

I'm a big fan of colormatched rear bumpers. Some like roll pans. It's a matter of personal preference. If you are getting rid of all chrome on your truck, colormatching will help. If you are keeping some chrome, leave it as is for now.
Thanks, I was thinking of going the roll pan route because it does give a clean flush look and they are reasonably cheap.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:04 PM
Ph.D. in HUBRIS

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't think it looks very good. Especialy the first two pictures. It is your truck so I if you are happy that is what matters.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by custm2500
Don't think it looks very good. Especialy the first two pictures. It is your truck so I if you are happy that is what matters.
Well I dont think yours looks very good IMO. Like I said different strokes for different folks. Exactly, and I do love my truck!
Old 02-21-2012, 12:50 PM
TECH Regular

Damn that's some big *** wheels. But like they say to each his own. I vote color matched valence and bumper. Truck looks alright though. Just remember this is performance website
Old 02-21-2012, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by SloStepSide
Damn that's some big *** wheels. But like they say to each his own. I vote color matched valence and bumper. Truck looks alright though. Just remember this is performance website
Thanks man, colored matched bumper and cover or just cover? I am going to do some performance mods also, just not trying to build a drag truck yah know? I am going to do a tune very soon.
Old 02-21-2012, 12:59 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TI am going to do some performance mods also, just not trying to build a drag truck yah know? I am going to do a tune very soon.
Before you do any performance mods, you need to upgrade your brakes for safety. Your truck probably stops like a train with those GIANT wheels and stock brakes.

Did you change your gearing? I bet that thing is a taking off. What size tire are you running?
Old 02-21-2012, 01:02 PM
TECH Regular

I am going to do some performance mods also, just not trying to build a drag truck yah know? I am going to do a tune very soon.
Ye I said the same thing when I first joined
Old 02-21-2012, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by slpsilverado
Before you do any performance mods, you need to upgrade your brakes for safety. Your truck probably stops like a train with those GIANT wheels and stock brakes.

Did you change your gearing? I bet that thing is a taking off. What size tire are you running?
im running the 305 30. The wheels arent that heavy, the truck stops fine. They didnt slow it down that much. I had 18s and 33" mud tires on it before, these weigh a little more.

Quick Reply: My Clean Chevy!!