Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High School Truck

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 10:30 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile High School Truck

Ok when I was in High school I had a Black Single Cab Chevy that stood out like a sore thumb and everyone loved it. No one at my school was into lowed trucks or any trucks for that matter everyone was doing the whole "import" thing or whatever. I was always trying to do stuff to my truck. I was the first person in my city to have 20's and everyone was like amazed at how big they were...haha. I had 20inch Intro Twisted Vista 6 w/ Satin finish....I think I paid about $4000 for the wheels and $2000 for the tires...yeah i know...horrible. I learned how to do tint at a place I worked during the week and got a friends to draw me some fllames and I traced them onto mirror tint and did my windows. I was so proud of that..haha...but I look back and think it looks tacky....but anyway here are some of the things I can remember I had done to it.

Belltech 3/4 Drop
Hotchkis Frnt and rear Sway bars.
20" Intro Twisted Vista 6
Sport Mirrors
Billet Ant., Bowtie, Step Plates
Custom Flame Tint
Painted Dash trim
Custom Console w/ DVD and Playstation
Billet Vents, Grab Handle, Steering Wheel, Rear Mirror
Volant Cold Air
Mass Air Flow
Gibson Header
Gibson Super Truck Exhuast
Hypertech Programmer
160 Stat

Anyways the whole point of me wrting this is that I was in love with this truck cause I did almsot all the work myself.

I went out on a school night...Monday night. Me and my friend had a couple Kegs at his girlfriends house for his Birthday. Well about 10pm my mom calls and started bitching so I was going to go home with my 2 good friends and talk to her get her to chill and go to bed and go back. I had only drank like a beer. So I am leaving this very expensive neighborhood that has a golf course running through it. The exit of this neighborhood is like a damn GP Track...so my dumbass floors it to go out this like mile long exit of the neighborhood and starts hauling *** around these corners. Well I almost make it to the Main Street and the last corner I am going about 60 or 70 and instead of cornering off to the left.....I went straight.....hit the backside of a Sand Trap on the golf course (it was like 5 ft from the road) and it launched my trucked like a stunt ramp about 15ft off the ground and on the other side of the sand trap was.....a huge pond....25ft deep pond....so yeah we launch my truck into the pond @ 60mph and hit the water and my 2 drunk as **** friends wont get out because they said the water is to cool...haha. So i rool down the window and get out and pull them out....so we swim to the grass line and watch my truck slowly sink in this pond in the middle of the golf course....I mean if you know golf....I sunk it in the 17th Hole of The TPC golf course....the one that is on TV every year for the Shell Houston Open.....yep that one..haha. So the next morning I go out to watch them pull it out. I scuba diver came out with a wrecked and pulled it out.

These pictures were taken out of my truck by the towing company and lost for the past 4 years. A new secretary started there last week and called me cause she found a evenlope with my pictures in them when she was resorting stuff. So I am super happy because I had no pictures of my truck and thought they lost them for the past 4 years...

I just wanted to share that story with ya'll and these pictures.......how you guys like.....

Shot at 2007-07-17

Shot at 2007-07-17

Shot at 2007-07-17
Old 07-17-2007, 10:50 AM
Import Moderator

i really dont think it looks that bad to be honest wit you
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

nice truck, i would have just gotten rid of the tints other than that the truck looked awesome
Old 07-17-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

LMAO... im sorry to laugh but thats pretty funny but the truck looked really nice i would have taken the flames of to but it was pretty good for someone in high school. if that had never happened do u think u would still have it or would u have bought something newer by now??
Old 07-17-2007, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ahah sinking a truck .. . that was a typical weekend for me, but mine was lifted, but it was still 2wd. Mine had seen it's fair share on golf course. They are a TON of fun to be on when they're being built. It's pretty much like riding on the surface of the moon.

Here's my high school truck. I wish that I had more pictures, but these will do.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where in the hell did you get 8k in HS to pay for those wheels and tires?? Those are probably one of my favorite wheels
Old 07-17-2007, 01:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmokedSierra01
Where in the hell did you get 8k in HS to pay for those wheels and tires?? Those are probably one of my favorite wheels
drugs probably...

Old 07-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Launching!

Damn nice! I had my truck in high school, but it didn't look anything like it does now lol.
Old 07-17-2007, 01:53 PM
Formerly 08_gmc_slt-08/20/2010

Did those flames get put out by the water in the pond?
J/K, good looking truck!
Old 07-17-2007, 02:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 05_GMC_SLT
Did those flames get put out by the water in the pond?
J/K, good looking truck!
LOL nice truck.

Quick Reply: High School Truck