SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Does the Extended Cab / Tahoe Console...

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 04:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats the only bad thing about the 03+ is that you have to change the glove box assembly. A few have asked for pics of various interior pieces so I will try to get some up soon.
Old 02-02-2006, 06:40 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

bill reid, i have the 40/20/40 seat and am interested in info that center console, where are you getting it and how much? just bolts in? - thanks. btw. ive seen J L makes a new stealth box that replaces the center section of our bench seats and has a built in console and armrest, looks pretty sweet!
Old 02-02-2006, 06:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

02BlueStepside, please post pics when you can...

As for me... I am going to document the changeout with pics and post everything. One thing is for certain... you'll need to cough a left nut for an entire new center console assembly from GM. Part of the reason is you get a Bose amp and sub whether you want it or not. And from what I understand even the replacement consoles for vehicles not equipped with Bose are the same price. Go figure. Yes, it is MUCH cheaper to go to the junkyard or ebay... IF they have the color and condition you are looking for.

Tim, yes, JL has a stealth setup for the current 40/20/40 setup... but I really like the look of the full console and am willing to lose the "20" seat for it.

Bill
Old 02-03-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Addict

I will get some pics tomorrow. I was going to take some tonight, but its to dark already.
Old 02-04-2006, 03:47 PM
TECH Addict

Pics here

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...d.php?t=358330
Old 02-04-2006, 04:27 PM

Friggin tight lookin!
Old 02-04-2006, 05:22 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks man
Old 02-09-2006, 10:48 PM

Here is a couple of pics of the parts I have in so far. Its time consuming piece parting this together because the console does not come with all parts out of the box. The first pic is the console... note that the front and rear bezels (and insert) including compartment door does not come with the console. I am missing the center cup holder area stuff... so just a couple more parts to order. Below that is a pic of the enclosed Bose sub. Just for giggles I sent a note over to JP Customs to see if thay have adapted this sub to a non-Bose stereo. It will probably come out with the amp and get ebayed. So, just need to get rest of parts and go ahead and get the JL Stealth box on order along with an amp. Who is the best for JL Audio stuff? Last pic is the glove box bezel with glove box. Note that the new bezel does not proceed to the center and accomodate the ashtray and cig lighter stuff. Thanks to the guys who posted for pointing that out...
Thanks,
Bill

Old 02-20-2006, 02:37 PM
Teching In

I just put a center console from an '03 Tahoe in my '03 standard cab silvy. Didnt bother getting the lower part of the dash to change out... just did a little cutting and moding on the console to make it fit.
Old 02-20-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Resident

[QUOTE=billreid1@***.net]Here is a couple of pics of the parts I have in so far. Its time consuming piece parting this together because the console does not come with all parts out of the box. The first pic is the console... note that the front and rear bezels (and insert) including compartment door does not come with the console. I am missing the center cup holder area stuff... so just a couple more parts to order. Below that is a pic of the enclosed Bose sub. Just for giggles I sent a note over to JP Customs to see if thay have adapted this sub to a non-Bose stereo. It will probably come out with the amp and get ebayed. So, just need to get rest of parts and go ahead and get the JL Stealth box on order along with an amp. Who is the best for JL Audio stuff? Last pic is the glove box bezel with glove box. Note that the new bezel does not proceed to the center and accomodate the ashtray and cig lighter stuff. Thanks to the guys who posted for pointing that out...
Thanks,
Bill

Hey man If you dont mind me askin? What is it going to run u total for everything needed for the conversion? Gotta be somewhere close to $ 1000 for everything If I had to guess, over the counter from GM. I would love to do it to mine but know I could'nt afford it.
Also if your looking to sale your folding center "20" seat console I would Def be interested.........Let me know. Thanks

Quick Reply: Does the Extended Cab / Tahoe Console...