SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did 2000's have notorious paint problems??

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2005, 09:41 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Chances are if your having problems it's because your not waxing enough. I'd say most vehicles need at least 4 good waxes a year with a quality wax like NXT.
Old 05-10-2005, 02:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i dont know how he does his but ive tried everything except for a california bar and some of the more expensive cleaners and waxes. and my truck gets a wax every other time that i wash it. wash it in the shade and hours after the truck has cooled off. just figured it was crappy paint like on my camaro.
Old 05-11-2005, 06:27 PM
12 Second Club

i polish/wax this truck plenty, and used good products such as Zaino, and other products you dont buy at just any auto parts store. It gets treated well when its washed. I think im just used to white cars and being able to slack off on the finishing details. i do wash in the sunlight, but early morning, or late night, and i always make sure the panels are cool to the touch. I am going to clay it soon, and see what that does. hell its just a daily driver anyway!

thanks guys!
Old 05-11-2005, 08:21 PM
Launching!

I've got a black one and I dont have any problems. Then again I haven't hand washed it in like 4 months. Good ol' pressure washers and foam brushes
Old 05-11-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Veteran

My girls truck is victory red and its a 2000 and hers has never had any problems.
Old 05-11-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Regular

I have a 2000 and have no problems outside of the idiot owner before me getting the cheap repair job(s) on the passenger side. Drivers side is beautiful when washed/waxed but I want to kick the bed when I see the pass's side.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by The LT1 That Could
Myself and another person both with 2000 silverado's have been dealing with paint problems for a while. after washing our trucks it takes forever to hand dry, no matter what kind out towel you use, and afterwards are swirled like crazy. A quick detailer doesnt help, only swirls more. I have had my truck clayed once before, and still have the same problems. I have heard from some people that 2000's had paint probs from the factory...true or not???
I've had a lot of problems pretty much exactly what you described on my 00' rado.

Plus the paint has seemed to chip a lot easier than on my dad's 00' Sierra.

It's crazy, we both have literally identical trucks, built at the same plant, yet I have had 10 times more problems with my trucks than he has with his, and he even uses it as an oilfield work truck.

I've tried Zaino, Muguire's, everything, and my paint was swirled like crazy from day 1....and I was _VERY_ gentle with it...

I guess my attitude towards the paint on my truck right now is "screw it", because at leas now I don't get all worked up if I drive through some brush when I'm out fishing or something, heh
Old 05-13-2005, 03:05 PM
14 Second Truck Club

my truck is a bitch to wash and dry... this might be my reasoning for a new paint job...
Old 05-14-2005, 05:06 AM
TECH Apprentice

could be the water. you and dogmeat both live in Lubbock
Old 05-14-2005, 05:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Dogmeat
I've tried Zaino, Muguire's, everything, and my paint was swirled like crazy from day 1....and I was _VERY_ gentle with it...
Products don't have anything to do with swirls. It has to do with your supplies (ie. mitts, towels, etc.) and your technique for maintenance.

Quick Reply: Did 2000's have notorious paint problems??