Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

busy weekend PART 2 all buttoned up

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default busy weekend PART 2 all buttoned up

well, finally was able to wash, wax, and polish the truck for first time in months. especially since i got the shaved gate again and hd hood. But here are the pics i grabbed from earlier. been busy with it, most of you dont know, but i bought a lift kit months ago, planned on lifting it, but sold it to pay some bills. just going to keep truck at stock height with shackles, and do maintenance. just need to install new rear shocks next weekend, and fix my exhaust( y pipe is resting on crossmember thus rattling) Put in the thunder racing cam, video is in multimedia thread as well since i grabbed a video today of idle and rev. Future plans are circle d 3200, (ditch my tb stall) and tru trac and 410s, downgrade these 456s let me know what you think. Past few months had the hd hood put on, swapped my center caps back for stockers, painted the front/rear chrome bumpers shaved gate, ddm tuning 6k hids, clear headlights, oem grille painted to match, top pad painted to match, thunder racing 224 cam, pac 1218 springs, frutral hardened rods installed, and tru cool 40k.

Last edited by .James.; 12-15-2011 at 10:04 AM.
Old 04-09-2011, 04:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice and clean. looks good
Old 04-09-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 1sik02
well, finally was able to wash, wax, and polish the truck for first time in months. especially since i got the shaved gate again and hd hood. But here are the pics i grabbed from earlier. been busy with it, most of you dont know, but i bought a lift kit months ago, planned on lifting it, but sold it to pay some bills. just going to keep truck at stock height with shackles, and do maintenance. just need to install new rear shocks next weekend, and fix my exhaust( y pipe is resting on crossmember thus rattling) Put in the thunder racing cam, video is in multimedia thread as well since i grabbed a video today of idle and rev. Future plans are circle d 3200, (ditch my tb stall) and tru trac and 410s, downgrade these 456s let me know what you think. Past few months had the hd hood put on, swapped my center caps back for stockers, painted the front/rear chrome bumpers shaved gate, ddm tuning 6k hids, clear headlights, oem grille painted to match, top pad painted to match, thunder racing 224 cam, pac 1218 springs, frutral hardened rods installed, and tru cool 40k. ...
Why was the gate shaved again? Only reason could be accident, u went back to a handle then decided it looked better shaved, gave yours away, or stolen, that should be most of em. So which 1?

A word of advice, I'd fix the Y-pipe pronto. You could be fine, but I had my exhaust in front of muffler just restin ever so lightly on X-member. It creates a resonance of sorts (or rattles) as exhaust pulses vibrate & it drives me nuts. But worse, it creates stress points on other points of exh. Mine did that enough, & it broke the tube as it leads into cat on drvr's side. Cost me $50 to have it welded.

HD hood looks great. I like how rear bumpers look painted, alot!!! Also looks like u cleared the tails too.

I gotta ask, the lower valance up front looks a bit darker, but that could be an illusion on this end. So, is it?

You've been real busy & it shows.
I'm not really a fan of pewter, but your truck is done so well & tasteful, I like it.

Oh ya, get rid of that logo in rear window - replace w/. a Colts one.
Old 04-09-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Addict

looks a ton better with the hd hood colormatched lol
Old 04-09-2011, 06:09 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That is such a good looking truck!

Love the wheels too, and the rear bumper/plastic all painted looks awesome.

Sweet *** truck bro!

LOL at the picture from up in the tree!
Old 04-09-2011, 06:15 PM
TECH Resident

Sold Shaved gate and got same Color gate back, made profit, seen truck on here with shaved gate and bumper, thatwhat I wanted, sold my stock gate for 150, got this one for bout same price, y pipe is getting fixed next week as I'm on call this weekend, it's been like that for months, had a piece of wood under it, but it ain't working no more lol, love my hd hood, and just took the speed grille off and I'm painting it black, I'm thinking maybe a 2/4 drop on these 285/50/20s, and actually thefront and rear bumpers were rattlecanned, it's just a tad off, most don't notice it unles sun is just right, thanks for the comments
Old 04-09-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Resident

Actually pic isn't from the tree lol, I'm 6'7 so I get good angles lol
Old 04-09-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Resident

someone on another forum mentioned a grille delete so i took off my speed grille to check it out, only i have drill holes that held the speed grille, so im painting my speed grille black

said grille

and wasnt feeling the decal i had, so it cam off too. i only want one windshield decal that im trying to see if rpm graphics can do

tatts and a pink camera(its cute i know)

just the grille delete further away, notice my weiner

Old 04-09-2011, 07:47 PM
TECH Resident

Nice.....VERY NICE!!.....the HD Hood looks Great....as does All of the Color Matched parts you've Painted.........Sweet Looking Ride.
Old 04-09-2011, 08:03 PM
TECH Resident

thanks man, appreciate it, now to figure out my stance

Quick Reply: busy weekend PART 2 all buttoned up