Sponsored by:

BedRug Owners come in here

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2005, 02:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BedRug Owners come in here

Okay gang,

I just installed my bedrug yesterday, zipped it up and then put all the velcro stickies on, then installed it, peeled the tape off and stuck it into the truck. I know I have ALL the stickies applied and took my time to make sure everything was straight. For some reason, I still have wrinkles on the sides of the liner and when i'm doing 75 or 80MPH, the floor of the bedliner lifts in the middle. Why didn't they put another velcro strip in the middle of the bottom of the liner? Also, can I spray some kind of adhesive onto the bottom of the liner that won't damage my paint? Thanks!

Joe
Old 04-04-2005, 03:04 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just give it some time in the sun and it will take all the wrinkles will come out on their own. I would see if when that happens if it helps and then try something else if it doesnt
Old 04-04-2005, 03:11 PM
TECH Junkie

I may try taking the liner out in a week if the wrinkles don't go away. The 3M velcro isn't cheap by any means so I suppose waiting is smarter. I lub my bedrug and even took a nap in the box today at lunch break I just want to get the wrinkles out so it looks like a perfectly custom molded bedliner because right now it just doesn't sit very tight against the box sides.

Joe
Old 04-04-2005, 04:57 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have had 2 and they never did but once the heat got to it then it formed to the bed. O yea I know what you mean, I have probably taken 20+ naps in mine.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by hirdlej
Okay gang,

I just installed my bedrug yesterday, zipped it up and then put all the velcro stickies on, then installed it, peeled the tape off and stuck it into the truck. I know I have ALL the stickies applied and took my time to make sure everything was straight. For some reason, I still have wrinkles on the sides of the liner and when i'm doing 75 or 80MPH, the floor of the bedliner lifts in the middle. Why didn't they put another velcro strip in the middle of the bottom of the liner? Also, can I spray some kind of adhesive onto the bottom of the liner that won't damage my paint? Thanks!

Joe
I agree with 2tone just leave it out in the sun for a week and it will be fine.. They sure are nice, I will never own another truck without one!
Old 04-05-2005, 01:06 AM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by Flipper
I agree with 2tone just leave it out in the sun for a week and it will be fine.. They sure are nice, I will never own another truck without one!
I agree, every truck in my family has one.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:10 AM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

how heavy are they?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by moregrip
how heavy are they?
I'm going to guess about 40lbs
Old 04-05-2005, 01:59 AM
Launching!

There not heavy at all!! I've taken a few naps in mine too
Old 04-05-2005, 07:19 AM
TECH Junkie

I just emailed wise industries to see if they will replace the adhesive velcro strips on the box. They're now starting to come off. I think i got an old batch of strips that didn't have much glue left on them. Spare velcro is about $35 for a 15 ft roll at the store!!! Eeeek!

Joe

Here's what I emailed them. We'll see what I get:

To whom this may concern,

I just purchased a new bedrug for my 04 Chevrolet Silverado, regular cab, short box fleetside truck. The bedrug fits beautifully and looks great. I didn't have it installed more than an hour and someone walking by my house even complimented me on it and wanted to know where to get one. Now after having the rug in my box for 2 weeks, the sides are starting to let loose and come down. I crawled in the box to look and see exactly what was going on and the 3M adhesive backed velcro has come loose from the box. It was never very sticky in the first place when I took it out of the baggie, but I thought it would adhere given a little time in the hot sun. I did everything just like the instructions, including cleaning the inside of the box out completely spotless with alcohol so I know dirt wasn't a factor. I would normally not have a problem just going out and buying more adhesive velcro and re-doing the liner sides but after going to the Home Depot and Wal-Mart last night, I'm seeing prices of $20-$35 for just a few strips of industrial grade velcro. Is there anything you can do for me about this? Is this kind of thing covered under warranty? Thanks!

Quick Reply: BedRug Owners come in here