SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION Appearance | Detailing | Wheels | Truck of the Month
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone add a rear sliding window in 99-02?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 07:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone add a rear sliding window in 99-02?

Seems like GM stopped optioning that out in the NBS due to not being able to keep a seal, so I've been told. It looks like they have since come back with it on the 03+. Just wondering if anyone has added a read slider to those non years with success, ie no leaking.

Thanks guys,
Andrew
Old 06-05-2005, 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by agreif
Seems like GM stopped optioning that out in the NBS due to not being able to keep a seal, so I've been told. It looks like they have since come back with it on the 03+. Just wondering if anyone has added a read slider to those non years with success, ie no leaking.

Thanks guys,
Andrew
I got rid of the noisy Breezer and got a
CRL slider,
had it for 2 summers,
no complaints

I think it was about 180 plusshipping and $40 to have my guy glue it in.

I'll pm you the link,
Old 06-05-2005, 08:12 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've had the CR Lawrence sliding rear window in my truck for about 4 or 5 years now, and it's been great. It was installed under warranty at the dealership after 3 factory sliding rear windows cracked in the upper corners of the plastic window frame (water would pour in...first one cracked right before a hurricane!). Seems if GM just made the frame out of metal instead of plastic they wouldn't have had a problem.

The CRL window is pretty much the same configuration that the stocker was, except it slides behind the driver whereas the OEM one slid behind the passenger. It looks stock and works nicely
Old 06-05-2005, 09:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool, that's the type of information I'm looking for. So it's teh aluminum framed that helped it out eh?

Thanks guys.
Old 06-05-2005, 09:49 PM
TECH Regular

we had one traded in at work with a electric slider. it seemed pretty good, but i cant recall the brand.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by agreif

Thanks guys,
Andrew
Yeah the original ones kept cracking the frames so they switched. I had mine replaced like 4 times. The 4th time being the new brand of sliding window. It's been great ever since. I think mine is a Lawrence as well.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by budhayes3
I've had the CR Lawrence sliding rear window in my truck for about 4 or 5 years now, and it's been great. It was installed under warranty at the dealership after 3 factory sliding rear windows cracked in the upper corners of the plastic window frame (water would pour in...first one cracked right before a hurricane!). Seems if GM just made the frame out of metal instead of plastic they wouldn't have had a problem.

The CRL window is pretty much the same configuration that the stocker was, except it slides behind the driver whereas the OEM one slid behind the passenger. It looks stock and works nicely
I have a CR Lawrence slider and love it! When I first got the truck (used), it had a very similiar slider that leaked a bit, so I took it under warranty and the dealer/glass shop replaced it with an extremely cheap split slider. Well, I bitched and the dealer agreed that it was a complete POS window, so I now have this CRL one.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:33 PM
Launching!

Not to post hijack, but what electric sliders are out there? I can't reach all the way back to manually slide a rear window in my ecsb.
Old 06-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Staging Lane

I have been wanting one as well. Are there any that slide down like in a sport track explorere?? Which ones are the best for electric?
Old 06-07-2005, 05:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

CR Laurence makes power sliders, but it slides that middle vent over not the whole window down.

http://www.crlaurence.com/ProductPag...6.html?Origin=