Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2/4 lower kit ? and 20" ?s

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 07:58 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2/4 lower kit ? and 20

Yeah, 3/5 is a little more then what I am going to do. I still want to be able to pull motorcycle trailers and have gear in the bed without bottoming out. Gonna talk to some places today about the kits. How much $$ is the Hotchkis kit? the Belltech is only a 2/3 and I really want the 2/4 so....Lots of other places but I worry about the quality of some of the off brands. I bought a set of springs for a 99 Formula from MAC and it was a NIGHTMARE from day one. Ended up with Eibachs. Let me know if you guys have any good links on drop kits and retailers. Thanks.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

You cant go wrong with hotchkis. In my opinion (and I know many others) they make the best springs, especially when considering a 2/4 drop. They also will DEFINITELY be the best handling kit to get.

I have the hotchkis front coils, rear leafs and Edelbrock IAS shocks. This setup is awesome and since I got my new Pirelli Scorpion tires 275/60/16's the truck handles like a sports car. Now all I need is a hotchkis sway bar kit. I couldnt even imagine how insane my truck will handle with the sways.

Like I said if you want the best springs for looks and especially handling go with hotchkis. I would also HIGHLY recommend going with the edelbrock IAS shocks, personally I wouldnt go any other way.

Old 06-30-2003, 07:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You cant go wrong with hotchkis. In my opinion (and I know many others) they make the best springs, especially when considering a 2/4 drop. They also will DEFINITELY be the best handling kit to get.

I have the hotchkis front coils, rear leafs and Edelbrock IAS shocks. This setup is awesome and since I got my new Pirelli Scorpion tires 275/60/16's the truck handles like a sports car. Now all I need is a hotchkis sway bar kit. I couldnt even imagine how insane my truck will handle with the sways.

Like I said if you want the best springs for looks and especially handling go with hotchkis. I would also HIGHLY recommend going with the edelbrock IAS shocks, personally I wouldnt go any other way.

I am in the market for a drop kit too. This hotchkis drop you are talking about, does it comeas a kit or you have to buy the parts seperately? I have seen the drop springs for about 160 and the rear leaf springs for about 300 at Tbyrne. I think its a little expen considering you can a djm or belltech 2/4 drop kit for about $300. Where do you think I can best price on your setup?

File
Old 06-30-2003, 07:32 PM
TECH Regular

Good tips, actually today I was talking to a guy that sells many different setups and he said he has the best luck with Doetch Tech springs (2"), Doetch hangers and shackles and Bell Tech Nitro something shocks. Probably going to go with that setup for about $450 complete. That sounded a little high but.... I thought you could get all the stuff for around $300 but I guess not. Gonna shop around a little longer but I did get my wheels ordered today. Thanks fellas
Old 07-06-2003, 10:34 PM
TECH Regular

Got my drop done this weekend. I think the dudes at the part shop sold me the wrong shackles. I didn't take an exact measurement before the install but I knew I had around 6" of gap in the wheel well and now I have about 3". Also measured from the fender lip down to the center of the wheel on another stock silverado and then mine and there is only a 3" difference so....I think I got a 1" shackle instead of the 2". Gonna take it to the shop tomorrow and let them have a look at it. If they did sell me the wrong shackles, HOPEFULLY I can talk them into changing them for me since I had already paid someone else to install it all. Damn, if its not one thing its another.

Wheels should be in tomorrow also hopefully.
Old 07-07-2003, 10:33 AM
On The Tree

Shackles are usually adjustable from 1" to 2" depending on which hole is used. Maybe the installer used the 1" hole
Old 07-07-2003, 07:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Shackles are usually adjustable from 1" to 2" depending on which hole is used. Maybe the installer used the 1" hole
SOB!! now I know why my truck still doesnt look freaking level!!! I noticed there was another hole on the shackles!
Old 07-07-2003, 08:55 PM
TECH Regular

ONEFASTSILVERADO, you are right, the shackles do have two holes and the bolt is in the top hole. I took the truck to the place that sold me the parts and we verified the parts and installation. It IS the 4" drop but it didn't quite make it down 4"s. He says this is common based on type of truck(ext cab/reg cab etc), mileage, shocks, etc. Mine looks to have come down between 3-3.25" or so and there is about .25" difference between the right and left sides. He says sometimes they have to remove one of the leaves from the spring pack to get another 1" of drop out of it to level it. I am not going to mess with it. Hopefully my wheels will be here tomorrow and I will just live with it. Plus I pull a motorcycle trailer often so this might be for the best. I will keep you guys posted. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:14 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Location: Pueblo de Nuestra Señora la Reina de los Ángeles de la Porciúncula
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pics please?
Old 07-09-2003, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

Finally got my wheels on also. IT all looks pretty well. Seems the front came down about 2.5" and the rear only about 3-3.25"s eventhough its supposed to be 4". Not going to drop it any lower because I pull my busa around often and sometimes a Gix in the bed also so.... Taking it for an alignment on friday. If it will EVER stop raining here, I will get it cleaned up and click some pics this weekend. Still going to get the molding and badges removed and a billet grill w/polished bowtie but not for a few weeks. Later fellas.

Quick Reply: 2/4 lower kit ? and 20" ?s