Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

SVT Lightning kill

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 08:10 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GodBuiltMy5oh
So raptors are suppose to drive faster because it has an SVT badge on it? You lost me on that one.
Wasn't saying they all should be driving around like they are on the set of Fast and the Furious but you think if you spent all that money for a performance truck they might enjoying having fun here and there on a back road...
Old 08-30-2011, 11:40 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ak2007r6
Wasn't saying they all should be driving around like they are on the set of Fast and the Furious but you think if you spent all that money for a performance truck they might enjoying having fun here and there on a back road...
You know I live in vegas and im not joking when I say that I see at least 3 raptors a day driving around. I wouldn't worry too much about beating one in your truck, 6.2 or 5.4 you wont have any issues unless they're s/c. But they all do seem to drive aggressively, must be the svt mindset. Its funny to see them line up at our track nights and get smoked. That ranks up there with buying an H1 and putting 26"s on it. IMO
Old 08-31-2011, 06:55 PM
Teching In

You wanna be a badass and go head to head with a Raptor, go find one off road. It'll be the most embarrassing day of your life. They are Baja/Offroad performance vehicles not hotrod trucks. They aren't there to replace the Lightning, it's a whole different beast.

Sure, they'll slap a S/C on them and have a little fun with the street cars, I mean in general they are faster than the typical truck and those things are like 6-7000lbs but if you're testin them out tryin to be billy badass you're in the wrong element and most will laugh at you for doin it.

Its like someone on a street bike trying to get a guy with a mountain bike to to hop on a turn pike and do 540 barrel rolls.. Good luck keeping up with the mountain bike riding through some terrain lol.
Old 08-31-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Veteran

Haha apparently we have some die hard Raptor fans on here. Fact of the matter is 99% of Raptor owners will never use the truck for what it is designed for. They just wanted a "badass" truck to go to and from work.

Not out trying to be a "billy badass" as you put it. All I was implying is that all I ever see them doing is driving it like they are afraid to press the skinny peddle. Hell I bet the most off road the few around town have seen is the random pot hole they hit on their way to work.

And btw you would not use a mountain bike to "hop a turnpike and do a 540 barrel roll"...Mountain bikes are made for......MOUNTAINS
Old 08-31-2011, 07:49 PM
Teching In

Haha apparently we have some die hard Raptor fans on here. Fact of the matter is 99% of Raptor owners will never use the truck for what it is designed for. They just wanted a "badass" truck to go to and from work.

Not out trying to be a "billy badass" as you put it. All I was implying is that all I ever see them doing is driving it like they are afraid to press the skinny peddle. Hell I bet the most off road the few around town have seen is the random pot hole they hit on their way to work.

And btw you would not use a mountain bike to "hop a turnpike and do a 540 barrel roll"...Mountain bikes are made for......MOUNTAINS

That was the damn point. The whole analogy was to explain that although Raptors can do ok in their own right on the street, they are OFF ROAD VEHICLES just like the mountain bike.. Did I explain that easier for ya this time? lol.

And I am far from a fan of Raptors, I'm simply more observant of the obvious than others it seems. They aren't hotrod trucks. They aren't built for straight line speed. They, unlike 99% of the lifted trucks on the road, can actually go off road and perform successfully. (Watch that frame after those big jumps though LOL!!)

What about this 6200lb dinosaur (pun intended)-

-makes you think he cares about racing around on the freeway?
Old 08-31-2011, 08:09 PM
TECH Veteran

I miss read the mountain bike comment (13 hours of work turns the brain to mush) so you got me there LOL

You also missed one of my comments.

Either way I still want to run one just for the fact I haven't yet. Hell I will run against anything I think I stand a chance against, it's all in fun anyways..
Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 PM
Teching In

Well if you are indeed running low 14s, you will have no problem what so ever waxing one.

On a side note- I saw your comment about a lot of the owners not using it for off roading but that doesn't change its purpose. Same goes for a Jeep or a H1 Hummer.
Old 09-11-2011, 04:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by caddy03pimpin
lol i killed a few lightning with my old setup but im still lookin for that one thats goin to give me that run im lookin for . good kill for the op
i would line up with you whats your mods!!!

you should see the two raptors where i live. both guys bought them for hunting. they have dog boxes and big whippes on the top with big spot light mounted to the roof. your right most arent going to use it for what it was designed for. JDM has done a few raptors with superchargers and good exhaust and tune and run in the 11s 1/4

BTW not for you but just sayin i have seen a lightning that was built with a 2.3 whipple change from stock exhaust to dynatech longtubes and bassani catback and picked up 53rwhp. a bone stock lightning dynos at 330-340rwhp and with basic CAI, 6lb lower pulley, NGK TR6 plugs with a good tune and all maintaince performed on the truck will pick up around 75-90rwhp
Old 09-11-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by svtlightning02
i would line up with you whats your mods!!!

you should see the two raptors where i live. both guys bought them for hunting. they have dog boxes and big whippes on the top with big spot light mounted to the roof. your right most arent going to use it for what it was designed for. JDM has done a few raptors with superchargers and good exhaust and tune and run in the 11s 1/4

BTW not for you but just sayin i have seen a lightning that was built with a 2.3 whipple change from stock exhaust to dynatech longtubes and bassani catback and picked up 53rwhp. a bone stock lightning dynos at 330-340rwhp and with basic CAI, 6lb lower pulley, NGK TR6 plugs with a good tune and all maintaince performed on the truck will pick up around 75-90rwhp
I would love to see someone up here use them for what they are designed for. Of all the states that have them you think AK would at least have a few tricked out for the trails LOL
Old 09-12-2011, 12:29 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by C9A1L1L

What about this 6200lb dinosaur (pun intended)-

I can see the frame is bent on that truck.

Quick Reply: SVT Lightning kill