Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Maclaren SLR

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 01:58 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Maclaren SLR

Yup...saw one!!
Acutally I lined up against one yesterday when I had a friend in the car and she said..."Ooooooooo pretty car!" I have to say he did some major work on that car. He powdercoated/painted the stock rims black and had a nice thin red line painted around the lip of the rim. Car was silver metallic and sounded like he had some "extra" exhaust work done to it. Those cars look like Razor blades in person.
So when I pulled up next to him I had my cut-outs open and you can hear my turbo spinning it's *** off at idle! He immediately notices that and gives me a quick rev and I return the favor and it scared the out of him. (it's loud...stupid loud) Next thing I see is this big grin on his face as the light is about to turn green. My heart sank because that would of been the race of a lifetime for me but my truck has a bunch of problems right now and I could give him a run for his money if my truck was running right. Which I'm sure once my truck is tuned and working right it would of been close. I think stock those things run low 11's no? (maybe someone can enlighten/correct me).
Anyways he pulls out like a bat out of hell and I go quarter throttle making sure I stay out of boost . He slows down cuz he really wanted to have a go. He rolls down his window and looked at me like WTF?? I shrugged my shoulders and try to explain why I can't race him and he gives me a dirty look... . Well, since I was already bitter at the situation and now he's being a dick, I figured since he's no more than 2.5 feet off the ground and right next to my train horns that I'd give him something to really be pissed about and I laid on it right into his ear. I think he had a heart attack and found his way to a complete stop in the street, after a few seconds he took off blew by me and gave me the finger...HAHA
Wish I coulda given him a *** whoopin, or at least tried but I'm not prepared for that yet.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:08 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Damnit man don't you have a camera phone... Some pictures would be nice...

Too bad you aren't ready to show him how fast that monster can go I bet it would have been an interesting race.
Old 08-17-2007, 02:09 PM
On The Tree

God damn, that made my day. You da man.
Old 08-17-2007, 03:52 PM
Blown 427 LSX

uhh... yea? WTF is taking so long? unleash that beast bro... dont be scared...
Old 08-17-2007, 05:11 PM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When i work mornings i see 2 of those on the north side of OKC. There's a white one and a silver one. Sharp lookin cars.
Old 08-17-2007, 05:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was really hoping to hear you bent him over
Old 08-17-2007, 06:06 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

One day I'll get him. I asked my friend to grab my camera but it was in my back seat and I was too busy paying attention to the guy to get it myself.
With my cut out open and the lope I have with my cam I'm getting looks and call outs all the time. two weeks ago I was being chased by two Bently GT's on the freeway, when they realized I wouldn't play they went on racing themselves.
LA's full of idiots with too much money.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

dammit Julien... get that monster tuned already... it would have been crazy to have read "i almost smoked an SLR", oh well atleast u popped his ear drums lmao ... another ******* with to much money got wat was commin to him... i think Nicolas Cage said it best "theres to many self indulgent WIENERS in this town"... oh well next time

-Rob
Old 08-17-2007, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by blkssncpt
dammit Julien... get that monster tuned already... it would have been crazy to have read "i almost smoked an SLR", oh well atleast u popped his ear drums lmao ... another ******* with to much money got wat was commin to him... i think Nicolas Cage said it best "theres to many self indulgent WIENERS in this town"... oh well next time

-Rob

Haha, he said wieners.
Old 08-17-2007, 06:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by usarmyman
Haha, he said wieners.
Yup its gets me everytime i hear it too ...

-Rob

Quick Reply: Maclaren SLR