Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Got my first thumbs up.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my first thumbs up.

I was waiting to turn right out of a gas station on a 4 lane road (two each way). The traffic cleared out in the far right lane. As I begin to pull out, a white Silverado Ext Cab begins to pass a car, pulling over into the lane I am getting into. I nailed the gas and try to turn the wheel for my lane. I felt the *** end begin to slide out so I had to stick with it and make it to the outside lane. I let up when I hit second gear because I was within a few blocks of city hall and its known for heavy police traffic. I look back and there where two pretty strips and tire smoke floating away.

Meanwhile, I see the guy in the Extended cab pull up on my right. I look over and he is hanging halfway out his window giving me the thumbs up and raising hell like his team won the superbowl . I laughed my *** of about it.
I usually raise hell by myself on back roads. It is good to get a little recognition. Of course, I get back to the office and start looking at cams agian.
Old 05-30-2007, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's awesome! I LOL'd when you said the guy was hanging half way out his window. I see alot of people doing that when they are "cruising". Anyways, I'll be back in Charleston on Saturday night. I look forward to driving my truck again. I heard they closed LowCountry Dragway. Is Dorchester Dragway the only local track now???
Old 05-31-2007, 05:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Good to hear you are on the way home! Yes, Lowcountry closed down. They bought/partnered with Midway. It is about 45 mins away and I have never been there. Dorchester is the closest one. I have heard mixed opinions on the place. But, it is local and a place to let it out. There is also a track In Orangeburg that just underwent a major renovation.

Did you ever get your tune done by the guy that lives near you? He has expanded is operations and does installs/sales. He recently had a couple LQ9s and an LS1 for sale at competitive prices. Once I get a little scratch saved up, I will have him install a cam for me.
Old 05-31-2007, 06:11 AM
Where's the Beef?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Silver-Dollar
he is hanging halfway out his window giving me the thumbs up and raising hell like his team won the superbowl .
That cracked me up.

Congrats, I can't wait for the day I can lay down 2 pin stripes.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

yeah, still a one wheel wonder here too