Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

first race in new truck

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 08:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default first race in new truck

I raced this 2007 Honda Civic, wasn't an SI but it had the usual ricer mods (wing, huge coffee can exhaust tip, neons, ect.) My girlfriend and I were coming home from the city and he pulled up revving the **** out of it, i pretended to not even notice it. Right before the light turned green i revved up and popped the clutch and absouletly smoked him. I find it funny that I haven't done any mods at all yet and still american cars and trucks kick ***.
I love the V6 haha however i would kill for the eight.
Old 08-24-2007, 11:36 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by gmcjim88
I raced this 2007 Honda Civic, wasn't an SI but it had the usual ricer mods (wing, huge coffee can exhaust tip, neons, ect.) My girlfriend and I were coming home from the city and he pulled up revving the **** out of it, i pretended to not even notice it. Right before the light turned green i revved up and popped the clutch and absouletly smoked him. I find it funny that I haven't done any mods at all yet and still american cars and trucks kick ***.
I love the V6 haha however i would kill for the eight.
Fine, I'll do it... Even the stock Civic runs a 16.1 @ 87 mph (according to Car and Driver) and you aren't running that fast. He wasn't racing you...
Old 08-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by thiems
Fine, I'll do it... Even the stock Civic runs a 16.1 @ 87 mph (according to Car and Driver) and you aren't running that fast. He wasn't racing you...
ha ha you guys are jerks! lol poor guy!

I believe !!! who knows maybe the nice little ricer slipped a gear...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 92GMCsierra
ha ha you guys are jerks! lol poor guy!

I believe !!! who knows maybe the nice little ricer slipped a gear...
There is a difference between being a jerk and knowing the facts. You can tell by his second to last sentence that he is a noob and more than likely pretty young and new to the truck/car scene. He'll hang around here and pick some stuff up and he'll be good to go after awhile...
Old 08-24-2007, 02:50 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

**** Grady you're starting to sound like me, and we all know that's not good.

However I agree. The 4.3L v6 silverado is the red headed step child of the chevy truck world.
Old 08-24-2007, 02:59 PM
Launching!

well yes, he is a newb and young. but i say let him be excited for a little bit, i didnt mean to be mean when i said jerks, i just think it was a little harsh,
GMCjim: good job! with a few mods you'll be even quicker!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:10 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 92GMCsierra
well yes, he is a newb and young. but i say let him be excited for a little bit, i didnt mean to be mean when i said jerks, i just think it was a little harsh,
GMCjim: good job! with a few mods you'll be even quicker!
I would rather be a little hard on him than him going around 'racing' people that aren't really racing and 'beating' them then one day someone he already 'raced' wants to race for money. For me personally, I would rather someone with more truck knowledge than me (and there are ALOT) help me out rather than let me go on thinking false things and getting false hopes. For me, racing isn't even all about winning and losing. No matter what it is a blast! I don't think the way I went about it was harsh at all...
Old 08-24-2007, 03:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No matter what it is a blast! I don't think the way I went about it was harsh at all...
Me either.

If you didn't put down him personally, make fun of his wife, or his mom, kick his dog, or spit in his drink then it wasn't harsh.
Old 08-24-2007, 03:17 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by RandomHero
Me either.

If you didn't put down him personally, make fun of his wife, or his mom, kick his dog, or spit in his drink then it wasn't harsh.
Haha...he better be lucky I got the first post instead of you. You may have been a little harsh with him... J/K!
Old 08-24-2007, 03:50 PM
Launching!

true true!

message for GMCjim: good job, just dont race for money yet, lol
the first race is always the best wether you win, lose, or think you win. even if you aren't 'really racing'

Quick Reply: first race in new truck