Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

crown vic police package

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 06:09 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default crown vic police package

Was on my way home from work about noonish and on the last leg of my 30 minute commute when I spot a white crown vic with the spot light on the driver side window pull onto the highway up ahead At first I slow down because I dont know if its an unmarked or what . The car is moving pretty quick in and out of traffic on the 4 lane so I step up the pace to keep up. Light up ahead turns red and I get a spot right next to the crown vic still trying to see if its the Po-Po. Well after looking the car up and down a few times, no antennas and a guy in his late 40's, I figure its not the Po-Po. Light turns green and he guns it off the line so I put it to the floor and chirp the tires and he has about a car on me before I even start. The tach hits 3000 and I turn on the spray, closing the gap and putting about 2-3 trucks on him in a matter of seconds, but realize the hit kinda sucked and saw my bottle heater was off He hangs back a little and we catch another light so now I know its on. He jumps out just before the light turn green and gets a car on me again so this time I hit the spray at around 1000rpm and my stall flashes up to 3000 and the tires break loose and I put on a big one tire fire smoke show. Truck is litterally going no where but the speedo is up to 50 mph so I say what the hell and stay in it . Mean while the crown vic has about 4 cars on me by the time I hook up. I run him down in matter of seconds and put a few trucks on him before shutting down. As I was looking in the riew view when I passed him, I could just barley see the cars that were behind us in the distance just comming out of the cloud of white tire smoke I left behind from the new 20R/275 eagle gt's. The next light I catch its time for me to turn off. He comes up beside me so I roll down the passenger window and he says "thats a good running truck you have there", and I say yea that crown vic scoots along pretty good too. He says yea its got the 4.6 police package, and that hes too old to be doing this, but what the hell it was fun. We go our seperate ways and as im pulling into my neighboorhood, I can hear a noise that sounds like gravel slapping the bottom of the truck and Im like wtf, this has never happened before I pull into the driveway and check out the tires and the passenger rear is sticky and hot and has a **** load of gravel stuck in it It looks a little worn now too.
Old 10-16-2005, 06:28 PM

Received 216 Likes on 146 Posts

great kill. you probably didnt even need the spray to lay it to him, but why have it if you never pull the trigger right
Old 10-16-2005, 06:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
great kill. you probably didnt even need the spray to lay it to him, but why have it if you never pull the trigger right
Yea, I think I coulda took him with out it, but it woulda drug out the race a lot further and at higher speeds. Thats what I like about the spray, is it usually ends the race a lot quicker on the slower cars, but then again I guess it would drag it out with faster ones
Old 10-16-2005, 09:59 PM
Staging Lane

nice kill man. wonder wat the police package has besides the LT1
Old 10-16-2005, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

he said it was crown vic. they have the 4.6 and a 4:10 gear. i think thats it. oh and they dont shut off.

Seth