Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Beat a Suburau WRX (non STI)

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2005, 08:44 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Beat a Suburau WRX (non STI)

Yep, coming home from a friends house I stopped at a light with a yellow WRX. As I rolled even with him the light turned green, I waited a sec and hammered it. So did he, his blow off valve was screaming each shift, off he fell to my quarter panel, Then he went to my front fender for a second. After that I pulled on him all the way to 80MPH, I had 3 lengths Don't know if he stopped or what. We hit a red light. Green again spun all the way through first and into second and beat him, I don't know if he was racing or not. He was at my quarter panel. Then we hit the 3rd green light. He wouldn't look at me, I wasn't going to race, I won. Light turned green and he took off. Oh well. And to think I have all my torque management put back in (I'm changing that for sure) and a stuck shift solenoid(s).
I guess the cam and stall is working!
Philip S.
Old 08-13-2005, 09:52 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I played w/ an STI at the track last Fri. It was a real close race but he edged me out and I tried to flag the guy down after we got our timeslips but he pulled around me and didn't want to play again I guess. It was a real good race and I wanted to see If I could take him on the second round but oh well...
Old 08-14-2005, 04:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Yellow on a WRX is a rare color. It wasn't available in the brochures. WRX's are fun cars but difficult to drag race. Most WRX drivers cant bring themselves to do the 5000rpm clutch death drop. But, the car is built to take it. I rode in a STi that when it launched it felt and sounded like the transmission just blew up. But That thing straight LAUNCHED.