Racing and Kills Forum Be smart and safe!

Anyone just go out and look for a race?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2006, 09:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MorepowerTY
You whooped a Viper and a Z06? Thats pretty damn good bud! That 402 must be putting out some nice numbers.
I've figured out that on the street,if you can produce low 12s consistantly on street tires,you will seldom get beat by anything.At the track it's a different story,there's always something faster,plus you lose the element of surprise,because everone knows exactly what you've got.
Old 12-02-2006, 03:26 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, but mph is more important than et on the street as a lot of street racing are from rolls and dead stop at the track, in almost all circumstances, is different than dead stop on the street.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Seems like low gears and a mean exhaust will get a lot of people's attention off a light. At least that's why I figure so many people like to try and race my truck. In fact I get more action with the truck than I do with the Cobra, it seems these ricers are fairly educated around here.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:10 AM
Staging Lane

tell me about it man, I used to roll in my dads (sold) vette and I couldnt get anyone to bite. just an M3 and an S2000 which were no problem. but it seems that i get more and more ricers and v6 mustangs tring to race me in my truck and Of corse i show em whats up.

My favorite thing to do lately is when i know some one wants to race, ill race em upto like 15mph with the cut out shut, then open it wile im WOT and it is the funniest thing to see there faces when i start out quiet and then SCREAM off into the sunset hahaha.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by MorepowerTY
I have an 06' 2wd SSS, and sometimes I just got board! I just got my custom tune and haven't raced anybody with it yet. So over the long weekend I went out looked for someone to race.
I know how you feel about getting the tune and then no racing going on. I got my tune about a month ago and the two bottles of nitrous that I've went through have been wasted on the dyno, tuning and givin people rides. I did finally get a race this last weekend though. Didn't need the nitrous but used it anyways just for ***** and giggles. RCSS GMC. Don't know if it was a 4.8 or 5.3. I was headed back to the hotel room to take care of some business so I didn't get to turn around and see what mods he had. It is a rush though
Old 12-12-2006, 02:15 PM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll Race ANY THING, Minivan with granny driving, to a Ferrari <-- didn't happen do to traffic... I gave him a little rev, He showed me how fast that bastered was 20 to 50 to 15 be fore my truck would down shift and build boost. Thats what I like about living next to Tahoe with all the rich bastereds. Never know what you might see. Hell I've tried a ENZO on the freeway, BEFORE I got the STS kit lol It's all good though, I still beat the minivan......
Old 12-12-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Wilde Racing
I'll Race ANY THING, Minivan with granny driving
kick her *** seabass!!!

I'm the same way- I'll race anything in anything. I have a 3500 panel van I drive sometimes for work and in that, trust me... noone is safe!!! LOL
I raced a z06 down the mountain in the van one day... he whipped my ***! Then again it didn't much matter, watching the guy riding with me's face when I hung the curves at 80 was priceless though!
Old 12-14-2006, 10:26 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by DozerDan
I know how you feel about getting the tune and then no racing going on. I got my tune about a month ago and the two bottles of nitrous that I've went through have been wasted on the dyno, tuning and givin people rides. I did finally get a race this last weekend though. Didn't need the nitrous but used it anyways just for ***** and giggles. RCSS GMC. Don't know if it was a 4.8 or 5.3. I was headed back to the hotel room to take care of some business so I didn't get to turn around and see what mods he had. It is a rush though
I am going to be in Kingfisher for the next 3 weeks for Christmas break so we can throw some races in if you want...without your nitrous of course!
Old 12-15-2006, 12:37 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 9 Posts

nah dude, your 4.10s make up for my nitrous...my trucks weighs 600lbs more than yours too Oh what the hell, we'll hook it up. I could use some more videos for my website
Old 12-15-2006, 02:41 PM
TECH Addict

Sounds good...hell we can run them with nitrous, without, from a dig, from a roll (anywhere from 1-100)...I saw your truck in Hennessey around lunch today. I was hauling my girlfriend's sister's car back from Stillwater or else I would have stopped in. I did honk though...

Last edited by RoosterMcCandles; 12-15-2006 at 04:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Anyone just go out and look for a race?