PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Whistle pig build

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2018, 11:15 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Yea I have a couple different versions, the holley version I have now does not have any holes for gauges (you can always drill holes if you want). I have a few on hand now just been waiting for pics before I release them. I actually forgot about them until this reminded me even though I walk past a stack of them every day because ive been busy with other stuff.

Found a pic:

AFP Holley Dash
Old 11-28-2018, 02:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Why are you guys going to the Holley instead of using hptuners or efi live on the factory ECM? Better features or just easier to use?
Old 11-28-2018, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be able to take / post some pics and send to Atomic on Sunday night or Monday when I get back in town! They are long over due...sorry man hahahah
Old 11-28-2018, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Burnett03
Why are you guys going to the Holley instead of using hptuners or efi live on the factory ECM? Better features or just easier to use?
HP Tuners and EFI work great and I have no complaints with the stock PCM. The stock PCM is very capable to make big power. The Holley Dominator, from what I've seen, has more capability and the ability to run a two step, trans brake, boost controller, nitrous, water/meth, traction control, etc, out of the one ECU. I'm very new to it but so far it's nice!
Old 11-28-2018, 03:28 PM
I have a gauge for that

The factory ECM is great for a factory setup, and can be made to work with higher power stuff, but does not come anywhere close to an aftermarket ECM geared towards racing with the amount of features and options you would want as a racer. The biggest hard stop with the factory ECU is usually the 30psi 3bar boost limit.
Old 11-28-2018, 05:02 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Yea I have a couple different versions, the holley version I have now does not have any holes for gauges (you can always drill holes if you want). I have a few on hand now just been waiting for pics before I release them. I actually forgot about them until this reminded me even though I walk past a stack of them every day because ive been busy with other stuff.

Found a pic:

AFP Holley Dash
I definitely want one, preferably with a small square cut out in the center to flush mount my switch board. I'll have to get a measurement of the wires in the back, I know the overall dimensions but I don’t know how much thatd help you. I suppose we could take the overall dimensions and make the hole just slightly smaller perhaps just inside of the mounting holes.

This is is the switch board I have.

Old 11-28-2018, 05:12 PM
I have a gauge for that

What do you mean the center? Where the holley goes or beside it to one side?
Old 11-28-2018, 05:51 PM
Launching!

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Yep where the Holley would go is where I’d like to put the switches. I’m gonna keep my Holley where I have it just so I can actually see it, since I put the Grant steering wheel on it's alot smaller than the factory wheel so it obstructs the whole screen if I were to put it in the stock location with your bracket.
Old 11-28-2018, 10:03 PM
I have a gauge for that

That seems like a huge waste of space just for a couple switches but I can do it if you want
Old 11-28-2018, 10:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ironcityboom
Yep where the Holley would go is where I’d like to put the switches. I’m gonna keep my Holley where I have it just so I can actually see it, since I put the Grant steering wheel on it's alot smaller than the factory wheel so it obstructs the whole screen if I were to put it in the stock location with your bracket.
What did you need to put the grant wheel on? I want to put one in my truck but haven't taken off the wheel to see how it mounts or what is needed.

Quick Reply: Whistle pig build