PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Well here we go again...

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 09:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

But of course. So you're starting mine when you get her all back together right?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:35 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Bring that thing on down! LOL ill probably have just about enough spare stuff for another build minus the turbo itself and fuel system stuff
Old 04-22-2009, 09:04 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Timeslips are first priority though as always
Good to see you have the priorities straight!
Old 04-22-2009, 09:37 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Bring that thing on down! LOL ill probably have just about enough spare stuff for another build minus the turbo itself and fuel system stuff
I do believe there is a turbo floating around here somewhere fresh rebuilt t76 i think
Old 04-22-2009, 11:25 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Well the rest can be done

I've got LOTS of details to be worked out with mine to make it really how I want it... You guys who do super detailed builds, my hat's off I pulled some of the covers and started prepping the motor for paint this evening/tonight... Spent all day working on my brothers add-on for my new niece she'll be here in June. Her name will be Summer Faith, her big Sister (7) is named Autumn Grace... She was born in Nov LOL...
Old 04-23-2009, 08:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I give props to the guys that detail their truck every week. I spent two hours on it yesterday and I'm set for life. I need to get out more. lol
Old 04-24-2009, 12:13 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

Well, the motors painted... And very detailed. Moreso than I've ever done before I do believe.

I wanted something different for the block, not black, not chevy Orange etc. Not because I don't like the colors, they're just too common. So, I started looking. And I found it, and have never seen it (yet) on a LS motor

I got the original paint code for the ORIGINAL Chevy Blue. Like what they painted old straight 6s and older small blocks from the factory, a guy locally mixes custom colors in rattle cans so I had a few made up. I added a very small amount of grey to flatten it out and renamed the color "292 Blue" The first Chevrolet motor I ever owned, and it was original blue.

I painted the block/oil pan 292 Blue and did the valley and cam covers in a satin black. The heads I left raw aluminum and hand polished.... Tedious to say the least. I had toothbrushes, wire brushes, degreaser, brake cleaner, and the airgun out cleaning and prepping. After about 8hrs of cleaning/taping/prepping I laid down the first coat of primer, then another. Then the first of 3 coats of blue, then 4 coats of clear all 500deg paint... Then carefully removed the tape and began fitting the water pump and tensioner bracket after they were cleaned up of course LOL... I also too every exterior bolt from the motor and cleaned up the heads on the wire wheel on my bench grinder... Dirty bolts on a freshly painted motor is a pet peeve of mine...

Sorry for the long post, those who know me will attest to the fact that this much attention to detail (as far as looks go) is a little uncommon... As long as it was mechanically right I'm the one who'll make it run and worry about looks later.... But I think doing it this will be a little more rewarding when I hear it run AND look right when its all said and done and it fires.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:17 AM
Hunt&Fisherator

And YES, I took sevral pics along the way... Just need to upload them and post... Ill do that tomorrow, I'm beat. Haha
Old 04-24-2009, 09:10 AM
How do I change this text

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Where the hell are the pic!!!!
Old 04-24-2009, 12:28 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

what I started with

primed

first coat of blue

2nd coat, before clear

after 2 coats of clear, 2 more went on