PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   PROJECTS GALLERY (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/)
-   -   Some go fast goodies showed up today (pics)and how I mounted rails (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/projects-gallery-189/some-go-fast-goodies-showed-up-today-pics-how-i-mounted-rails-482137/)

TIM Z 05-06-2011 01:35 AM

Oh yeah thats good cake right there ! ( in the words of my friend!)

Looks like professional products rails, they are very nice.

I have that same reg. Really compliments a black engine compartment.

What kind of gains/ where at do you think you will achieve?

Check my bud Pat ( 03sierraslt) tvs 2300 build thread , you can see where he mounted his X link, came out nice.

More pics when its done man!

Mangled03gmc 05-06-2011 01:43 AM

Originally Posted by skolman91 (Post 4695358)
I would say get some before and after dyno numbers, but since you cant even get a time slip id say im wasting my breath..:P

Whoa whoa, my worst time slip was 12.2 @ 114.. :D traction was a sleeze :DOh that was on 5psi :devil:

bonj87 05-06-2011 08:13 AM

nice.. wish i could get those rails in BLOO, same with the FPR...

skolman91 05-06-2011 09:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc (Post 4695428)
Whoa whoa, my worst time slip was 12.2 @ 114.. :D traction was a sleeze :DOh that was on 5psi :devil:

5psi sounds like a long time ago, i think you need to dyno first, then back it up with new track times..
all for the sake of me finding out what the tbss intake is worth:lol:

Mangled03gmc 05-06-2011 01:16 PM

It was a long time ago, but have not went back.. Will def be back after the swap and a new tune..

budhayes3 05-06-2011 09:30 PM

Looks good like all of your work always does John, I dig how you mounted the rails. What kind of cover are you planning for it?

02'Z71ONDUBZ' 05-07-2011 02:06 PM

Please elaborate and add a few pics if you have any of how you mounted up the rails. Are you running the 42's? I'm also gonna call you out to be the dyno guinea for this intake on a FI setup lol... somebody needs to disprove those who say its not worth while for boost

Mangled03gmc 05-07-2011 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by budhayes3 (Post 4695832)
Looks good like all of your work always does John, I dig how you mounted the rails. What kind of cover are you planning for it?

Thanks billy. The cover I am thinking of is going to be made out of stainless.. The plan is to space it up high enough so that the sensors in the intake do not hit it, or the X link box.. It is going to be cut about the same contour, lines as the intake around where the 2(top-bottom) are mated together.. and trimmed to sit flush with where the seam is..Then either brush it or polish it.. Might be some work, but should look good if done right..

Originally Posted by 02'Z71ONDUBZ' (Post 4696132)
Please elaborate and add a few pics if you have any of how you mounted up the rails. Are you running the 42's? I'm also gonna call you out to be the dyno guinea for this intake on a FI setup lol... somebody needs to disprove those who say its not worth while for boost

The fuel rails are made to be used with ls1 tall style injectors.. So the provided mounts would not work while using the truck shorty injectors.. However the mounting points are the same distance apart as the stock rail mounts on the TBSS intake.. I took a 1/4 shoulder bolt, cut it, used the smooth part of it.. Chucked it up in the lathe and drilled a hole through that.. Then took, stuck the injectors in the rails, stock them into the intake.. Took the collar that I made, put it in the mounting holes of the fuel rails.. So it is a guide hole to drill through into, is damn near dead center in the sides of the mounting posts that is on the intake.. After that I opened the holes up with a bigger bit, just enough to where the provided bolts that came with the rails would thread into the hole.. Once you run the bolt/screws into the rails, into the side of the mounts, you can use other screws, run them down in top of the mounting posts, onto the screws that are holding the rails in.. So they will act as a set screw so that the fuel rails screws can not back out.. Hope that is clear to ya..

Mangled03gmc 05-07-2011 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by bonj87 (Post 4695490)
nice.. wish i could get those rails in BLOO, same with the FPR...

I think the FPR is avail in blue.. Not sure on the rails..

Originally Posted by skolman91 (Post 4695527)
5psi sounds like a long time ago, i think you need to dyno first, then back it up with new track times..
all for the sake of me finding out what the tbss intake is worth:lol:

The intake is worth a solid 15whp, about the same with tq. It makes more power across the entire board, will prob be more on a FI set up.. :D

TIM Z 05-07-2011 05:27 PM

When i worked at Timken Research center guys would take stainless and use a red scotch brite pad and WD 40 to get a brushed finish. Just sharing in case ya didnt know. Turns out real nice on the display pieces we built.