PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

So I Autocrossed My Truck in an SCCA Event This Weekend.... (Pics and Video)

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 12:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

Go turbo now, blow trans up right before winter, 4l80 swap over winter
Old 07-30-2017, 05:41 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

4l80 and then you dont have to worry about it anymore.
Old 09-16-2017, 01:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

don't you have pic of 4 link on your frame. and what link or info I can see if I can buy one for me
Old 09-16-2017, 02:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
Hey. I want see if you can help me out where I can buy a simple do swap rear suspension set up 4 link. I like as yours. Can you give me some detail? Hope hear from you soon.

The kit I had installed on my truck is a prototype kit from JS Machine & Fabrication . They don't have the Silverado kit up yet on the website as they are waiting to get another test truck to install the kit to iron out some minor details discovered during the design and installation on my truck, nothing major, just some tweaks. The kit is intended to start off as a bolt on kit, and ultimately have the axle bracketry welded to the axle at a later date if its needed, but you can install it without welding if you desire. If you're serious about doing the kit on your truck I'd suggest you contact them and see what you can iron out.

In other news, I've been driving the hell out of my truck and have participated in no less than 5 autocrosses with it this season with another one scheduled next weekend. I have made some recent changes to the truck and some other things moving forward. With the heat and everything going on its been a crazy summer but I plan on updating this thread with updates as I get a chance..
Old 09-16-2017, 04:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Tydriver
The kit I had installed on my truck is a prototype kit from JS Machine & Fabrication . They don't have the Silverado kit up yet on the website as they are waiting to get another test truck to install the kit to iron out some minor details discovered during the design and installation on my truck, nothing major, just some tweaks. The kit is intended to start off as a bolt on kit, and ultimately have the axle bracketry welded to the axle at a later date if its needed, but you can install it without welding if you desire. If you're serious about doing the kit on your truck I'd suggest you contact them and see what you can iron out.

In other news, I've been driving the hell out of my truck and have participated in no less than 5 autocrosses with it this season with another one scheduled next weekend. I have made some recent changes to the truck and some other things moving forward. With the heat and everything going on its been a crazy summer but I plan on updating this thread with updates as I get a chance..
Can you picture your 4link stuff like that. And how much they cost.
Old 10-14-2017, 10:06 AM
Launching!

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Front sway bar

First off, awesome suspension build and a change in the norm of auto crossing your truck. I'll be looking into the JS 4 link in the near future.

My Awd SS factory front sway bar is 1.25". You said the Hotchkis 1.5" bar is discontinued? The only other beefier front bar I found was the Helwig 1.5" bar for around $330. With your expierence with multiple sway bars, which one performed noticeably better?
Old 10-14-2017, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SDjeff619
First off, awesome suspension build and a change in the norm of auto crossing your truck. I'll be looking into the JS 4 link in the near future.

My Awd SS factory front sway bar is 1.25". You said the Hotchkis 1.5" bar is discontinued? The only other beefier front bar I found was the Helwig 1.5" bar for around $330. With your expierence with multiple sway bars, which one performed noticeably better?
From what I am aware of, the Hotchkis bar is disco'd. Hellwig makes a good bar, I've used them on my Avalanche and I thought the difference was huge. As far as this truck is concerned, I haven't changed out the swaybars yet, she still leans over terrible when I push it.

I am struggling with trying to find one that will fit the rear and fit around the spare tire and the 4 link in the rear. I may end up going with a splined bar for the rear and a hotchkis bar in the front.. I haven't decided. This summer was crazy busy, so I basically autocrossed and drove the **** out of the truck but didn't really make any huge improvements other than whats posted in this thread because I wanted to continue to drive it during autocross season. I have accumulated some parts that need to be installed and with it cooling off that will probably happen soon.. More to come..

Changes coming this winter, hoping to add a 2 post lift so this suspension work is easier then I'll need an excuse to use the lift.
Old 11-03-2017, 03:02 PM
On The Tree

sent you a message
Old 11-03-2017, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 401 Likes on 316 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Great job, that looks like a lot of fun!

Instead of the big CTSv brakes you might look into doing stainless lines, 05+ 13" fronts with hydroboost booster, and SUV rears if you want more back there. I would put that setup against any high dollar big brake kit out there.
Is there a thread on this?

Bad *** truck! I'd love to AC mine.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:46 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
Is there a thread on this?

Bad *** truck! I'd love to AC mine.
If you mean the brakes search hydroboost how to.