PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Re-Acquired my beloved turbo truck!

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2014, 04:54 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re-Acquired my beloved turbo truck!

Long story short, a little over a year ago, I bought a 70 camaro rs rolling chassis that was supposedly ready for paint, engine and driveline. Got a lower mileage L33 for it, Jakes Performance 4l80e, and a kbracing manifold along with the new Turbonetics 7675 billet wheel turbo. Hit up stock48 again for another "stage 2" cam and Yank multi disc converter. So I figured the car should be up and running soon, so I sold the truck to a buddy to get some cash to finish the paint work on the car. Sent it to a friends dad who does very nice resto body work, only to find out someone really had their way with the backwoods body work. Car had partial quarters hacked on, warped and lap joint welded. Found body filler 3/4" thick in many places along those seams. That's going to delay this project a bit, so I figured i'd fix it right, even if it took some time. Doing an agressive mini tub with four link, built 9" and car needs full quarters, rear panel, roof had vinyl top and had the holes for the trim just filled with epoxy or something similar, so all that needs repairing.
Figured I'd buy the truck back, considering the new owner only put 900 miles on it the whole time he owned it, and never once did a full throttle 4wd launch! Got it back last weekend, spent some time removing all the tacky work truck door trim and excessive badging he put back on the truck. Now I'm contemplating replacing the old faithful tc76 that's always been on the truck with my new 7675. Not sure if my little scat I-beams will be up to the task, but I've pounded this motor for many miles with 10 sec power on the streets. My tc76 would start choking power around 5k rpm, power started falling off somewhat quick at 5300. Hope i can run same boost, but carry power curve to 6-6200. We'll see what I decide to do!