PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

RCSB build

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 09:36 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 203 Likes on 139 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
Your torque always peaks so high and falls off so quickly...it points to too small of a exhaust side on the turbo(s), but last time you had the spool valve stuck closed...what are you doing with timing with respect to rpm?
I bring timing up from peak torque to redline 4 degrees. It would point to too small of an exhaust side if boost was falling off, but its not. And again, if this 85lb/min turbo could only make 300hp...well, you fill in the rest.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:55 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Should easily make twice that...
Old 10-14-2012, 10:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too small of down pipes you say?!? Hmm... Hahaha

That is a strange graph as even more strange that they're almost identical. Is there another dump you could go to to get a "second opinion"?
Old 10-14-2012, 11:12 PM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by sprayedenali
Too small of down pipes you say?!? Hmm... Hahaha

That is a strange graph as even more strange that they're almost identical. Is there another dump you could go to to get a "second opinion"?
Wasn't my suggestion... And I had to chop up your dump tubes to fix the hot pipes anyway. I will make new downpipes eventually, but not because I think they are a flow restriction. Everywhere I drive I hear the rattle from the driver side DP hitting the hydrobooster. So that will be changing.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:19 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 767 Likes on 634 Posts

Your Turbo Encapsulator is malfunctioning...

Seriously though. What is the lift on your cam??? Is it the Low lift comp cam???
Old 10-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Mod with training wheels

Lift is .570". Its the Isky cam that Jarrett created and abandoned because of his faith in the triple 12 lol.
Old 10-14-2012, 11:55 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It would be cool if you tapped your exhaust for pressure readouts.
I agree with sprayed, you should get a second opinion! As a matter of fact there's a bunch of dyno's out here you could use!!
And then you could finish tuning my truck for meth in the process now that I figured out what was wrong with it!
Old 10-14-2012, 11:57 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 767 Likes on 634 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Lift is .570". Its the Isky cam that Jarrett created and abandoned because of his faith in the triple 12 lol.
Interesting... -
Old 10-15-2012, 12:00 AM
Mod with training wheels

Originally Posted by Spoolin
It would be cool if you tapped your exhaust for pressure readouts.
I agree with sprayed, you should get a second opinion! As a matter of fact there's a bunch of dyno's out here you could use!!
And then you could finish tuning my truck for meth in the process now that I figured out what was wrong with it!
Can't say I'm not tempted! Maybe if you ask nicely I'll set up camp in Santa Clarita for a few days this winter lol. I have been driving the **** out of my truck recently so I feel that its reliable enough for the drive now. It has gained my trust again

Hows yours running btw?
Old 10-15-2012, 12:24 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by smokeshow
Can't say I'm not tempted! Maybe if you ask nicely I'll set up camp in Santa Clarita for a few days this winter lol. I have been driving the **** out of my truck recently so I feel that its reliable enough for the drive now. It has gained my trust again

Hows yours running btw?

If you come up Dyno sessions are on me and we can hit up a couple different ones to compare between the types of dyno's!!

Actually Jarrett and I were talking today about driving down to AZ to hang out with you tools for a day or so. I'm officially off vacation on November 24th so after that I really can't say or promise that I'll be around much.

As far as my truck, it was down for about a month because of building and swapping in the 14-bolt, there were a few complications but it's in now. I picked it up from 1Fastbrick's place last week and really haven't been driving it. I think I have a few more heat cycles to do before I can start beating on it again.
There's a grinding issue I have to work out with the rear brakes but other than that my list of things to fix is getting smaller.

-Swap meth 2bar map sensor
-Fix faulty e-fan wiring
-Wrap hot parts with the wrap that a member on here sent to me.
-Swap converter to one that locks
-Tune for meth and 20psi on race gas and see what kinda dyno queen I have on my hands!
(if Jarrett can run 146mph in the quarter with this motor I hope it'll get close to 4 digits in the power department. I might need to adopt his fuel blending techniques though.)

Quick Reply: RCSB build