PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project Man-Van

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I also bought these lap-belts of ebay. I plan on using these to replace the plastic clips that are used to hold the bed up in the upright position. Right now the plastic ones squeek. Not sure if these will be quieter but it adds a little Chevy touch to the interior.

Originally Posted by rjwz28
I was thinking something just like that, smart idea using the closet hardware
Those drawers stay closed when the lid is down?
Thanks man, we use these alot out on ships. I was looking for some smaller thinner ones but this is the best I could find but I think it looks fine.

And yeah they stay closed. If you notice there are two verticle doors on the very outside of the drawers that keep the drawers from sliding out. They aren't very big, maybe an inch wide but they seem to work ok and the lid has nothing to do with the drawers staying closed. Kinda difficult to see it but those drawers are not gonna slide out.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Thanks man!! I'll keep that in mind! I might need some eventually but right now I'm set!!

Exactly!!

Yeah, no problem. I'm more than happy to share if it helps in some way. So something to note, gassers can be found for quite cheap, I mean literally for peanuts for what you actually get. Saw some 2006 gas'ers with high mileage in fair condition for $3-4K, but for a Diesel of that same year expect to add $8-10K. Most of the vans have mileage that exceed 100K miles and alot are actually much more than that. Kinda nature of the beast really, if you find one that has under 100K for a decent price consider yourself lucky.

So mine is a 2006 Chevy Express 2500 Duramax with 103,000 miles on the Odometer. Saw it listed on Houston's Craigslist for $13,700 and talked them down to $13,300 on the phone and once I got there talked them down another $300 so I picked it up for $13K+ cali taxes which added another $1800. ( )
The next best option that I found was up in Oregon and it was a 2007 for $15K with a few mods (4" DP, exhaust, bed, wheels and tires, sounds system) done to it already. It had 215,000 miles on it. At the time I didn't find one diesel for sale in California so I was expecting to do some traveling to find a diesel which was fine with me.

Hope that helps dude.
Yeah thanks man. I have been lookin at these for quite some time now. I just made the last payment on my truck and was hoping to sell it to get one of these or a sprinter or a dmax truck. Kinda leary about getting a Mercedes though. Damn these bastards are rare. Not nearly the 6'3" the sprinter offer for headroom but they make up in the power aspect as well as it being a Chevy. I might actually be getting a 97savana tomorrow for 700 bucks. Only prob is it obviously isn't a dmax or a ls and it's in need of repair. It has the gigantor cow 7.4. So I will be getting about 10 mpg if I'm lucky till I sell my truck and get a better Lesterwagon.

Is this for work or riding?
I saw a cool trick from a van in murrieta a while back. The dude made seats over the fender wells. You can't put crap in that area anyway so why not lose a little more by putting a box with a padded lid over it so you can change into riding gear? The top will remove and you can throw whatever inside there.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:39 AM
Baltimore Whore

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks good man, when are you putting a shower in that thing? Cuz you know the best thing about taking a shower with a 12 y/o boy is when you slick his hair back he looks 10. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA, im a sik ***.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:32 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mangled03gmc
Looks good man, when are you putting a shower in that thing? Cuz you know the best thing about taking a shower with a 12 y/o boy is when you slick his hair back he looks 10. MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA, im a sik ***.
Inappropriate to the 4th power. Nambla rules state that they need to be at least 11.

Why did you change your avatar? There are only a few I enjoy like bluecajon's and your old one. I had to change the subject obviously haha
Old 09-12-2012, 01:37 AM
GFYS and STFU

OMG I about pissed in my pants!!

That was awesome!!!
Old 09-12-2012, 01:42 AM
Baltimore Whore

Originally Posted by chris092183
Inappropriate to the 4th power. Nambla rules state that they need to be at least 11.

Why did you change your avatar? There are only a few I enjoy like bluecajon's and your old one. I had to change the subject obviously haha
Whoa whoa, I said he was 12

I needed a change, so I fig I needed to ***** my boat out some also
Originally Posted by Spoolin
OMG I about pissed in my pants!!

That was awesome!!!
LOL I fig you would get a kick out of that. All joking aside that van is gona be bad *** once you get it finished.
Old 09-12-2012, 01:45 AM
Baltimore Whore

Seriously thought, where is the tap for the keg gona be. You need to add revisions for this kind of stuff.
Old 09-12-2012, 11:34 PM
GFYS and STFU

Seriously thought, where is the tap for the keg gona be. You need to add revisions for this kind of stuff.
I'm on it!!
Terrible oversight on my behalf!
I will live in shame until such revisions can be made!!
Old 09-12-2012, 11:35 PM
GFYS and STFU

Made a wheel Poll!!

Vote and possibly win a free ride in the Stranger Danger van!!

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...wheels-507637/
Old 09-13-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

roflmao at the nambla and creeper posts bwhahahaahha

Quick Reply: Project Man-Van