PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project Fenrir

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2023, 08:16 AM
Launching!

Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

Been forever since I updated, but have made a little progress. I still haven't finished the console, but I did get the winters shifter installed, the fiberwerx kit came in and I have the bedsides on. I relocated the battery to the bed and some other mods to reduce weight and balance the truck out.

Truck sits at 5032 lbs with a full tank of gas. 60.5% is front weight, and 39.5 percent on the rear. I have not put the fiberglass fenders on the front which will help some, but thats a pretty big split in weight I need to get balanced out. May have to get drastic on some things to get that fixed, but overall, 5000lbs isn't too horrible for an extended cab truck. And I have a lot more weight reduction mods coming for this thing as I have time for more project stuff. I think I may move my heat exchanger for my Air/Water intercooler to the back, move the trans cooler to the back, and start getting aggressive about the weight savings on the front of the truck. alluminum control arms, shorten the frame, aluminum tube bumper, etc.

I can also say that the Proform drive on scales that I bought are definitely worth owning. If you live near upstate SC and want to get corner weights on your truck, hit me up.

Last edited by Modern Barbarian; 05-24-2023 at 08:16 AM. Reason: Missed a part
The following 2 users liked this post by Modern Barbarian:
Jeff71 (05-24-2023), strutaeng (05-24-2023)
Old 05-24-2023, 01:02 PM
Staging Lane

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

How hard were the bedsides? Hopefully you got some good pictures for us of the process!
Old 05-24-2023, 01:34 PM
Launching!

Received 67 Likes on 42 Posts

I took a couple pictures, but I was working alone so not many. I did the bedsides by myself in a weekend. easily doable. I also did them what I call the "righ way" and not the easy way. Most guys that do them just take a plasma, cut most of the bedside off, but leave the tail light bucket, top rail, etc. I ditched all of the factory steel bedside. I then used 1/4" rivets in evenly spaced holes on the inner lip of the top bedside, the front lip of the bed, and the back side and mounted it in. With the bed on and the bed cover on you can't see any of the rivets. You will have to pull the bed at least part way off to get to the front to drill out all the spot welds. I can take pictures of it done, and every where you see a rivet is where you have to drill out a spot weld. You also have to cut the fender well apart, leaving only the part on the bed itself, and not the bedside.

We are doing the front fenders tomorrow, and will video it for my buddies youtube channel, so I will have lots of content to share on those.
The following users liked this post:
just_curious (05-24-2023)