PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

potato land build, 9's@140+ is the goal

Old 04-10-2013, 12:47 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by idahoblkss
i don't think the d1 had it in it to hit 9's not with out some spray to help anyway and i had a f1r at one point but i realized that there was going to be way more to it then to just bolt the f1r on and go to the track . the stock shitty procharger brackets flex way to much to try and push that kind of power and i didnt want the head ache of going cog drive and or getting custom brackets made. i loved the procharger but to get to where i wanted to be with it , it would of taken allot of time and effort to dial it in as im sure your well aware of. plus like i said i was really losing interest in the truck . this turbo stuff is all new to me and is exciting to learn and work on something new.
In a 4-door truck, I think your right about the D1sc.....however in a rcsb I think 9's is certainly doable.

Your truck is gonna be a rocket.
Old 04-10-2013, 08:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you just cut and splice them to get the longer wire or is somebody selling a longer wire sensor? And being on the manifold like that is ok they don't burn up? Sorry for all of the questions this is all foreign to me , I feel like a newb all over again.
Texas speed sells the extensions. The gto extensions worked for my truck. They were 2ft long which gave me plenty of wire when I had a flipped manifold setup
Old 04-10-2013, 09:33 AM
TECH Senior Member

I only run a single oxygen sensor.. its a LC1 wideband in the down pipe..

been that way for 7 years now.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown06
In a 4-door truck, I think your right about the D1sc.....however in a rcsb I think 9's is certainly doable.

Your truck is gonna be a rocket.
man i dont know i guess its possible but man i had a 3.5 on mine with a 10% over driven crank pulley and was hitting 22.7 psi i could of dropped a pulley size or so but i know it had to be close to being at its max rpm . all i could improve on was my 60ft (1.8x 60ft) but it seems like you got that down good and your et shows it but yours and my mph arent much different which tells me our power levels are probably really close to the same . do you think you can drop another half second with the d1 ? what pulley are you running on it?

Originally Posted by 03regcab sierra
Texas speed sells the extensions. The gto extensions worked for my truck. They were 2ft long which gave me plenty of wire when I had a flipped manifold setup
awesome thank you so much for the info!!

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
I only run a single oxygen sensor.. its a LC1 wideband in the down pipe..

been that way for 7 years now.
lol nice ,i was talking to the guy i bought my turbo from and he said allot of guys just put all of the sensors in the down pipe . do you ever have a problem passing emissions ? i know up here all you got to do is pass one of the 3 test which are 02's sensors , oxegen heater , and evap ... currently im failing all :-(
Old 04-10-2013, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Im not quite sure what emissions is... haha MS all you gotta have is a good windsheild, kinda.
Old 04-10-2013, 12:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

Old 04-11-2013, 12:42 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 39 Likes on 31 Posts

man i dont know i guess its possible but man i had a 3.5 on mine with a 10% over driven crank pulley and was hitting 22.7 psi i could of dropped a pulley size or so but i know it had to be close to being at its max rpm . all i could improve on was my 60ft (1.8x 60ft) but it seems like you got that down good and your et shows it but yours and my mph arent much different which tells me our power levels are probably really close to the same . do you think you can drop another half second with the d1 ? what pulley are you running on it?

(
I think another .5 could have been found on my setup. More motor and less weight. I was spinning the D1sc 106% of recommended max.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 AM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn, another good build going on!! As far as o2's go, unless your dead set on keeping all four, just keep the front two and bung them in the individual manifolds and then run a third one in the DP for the wideband. What manifolds are you using? Stock truck ones or different ones? Smokeshow used some CTS-V manifolds and they seemed to work pretty good.

Originally Posted by nonnieselman
Im not quite sure what emissions is... haha MS all you gotta have is a good windsheild, kinda.
Old 04-11-2013, 09:54 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Blown06
I think another .5 could have been found on my setup. More motor and less weight. I was spinning the D1sc 106% of recommended max.
sounds good man , im interested to see if you can get it there for sure. any plans of getting out to the track soon again?

Originally Posted by Spoolin
Damn, another good build going on!! As far as o2's go, unless your dead set on keeping all four, just keep the front two and bung them in the individual manifolds and then run a third one in the DP for the wideband. What manifolds are you using? Stock truck ones or different ones? Smokeshow used some CTS-V manifolds and they seemed to work pretty good.
yeah as of now just using the stock truck ones, it sems that the placement on the flanges aren't too bad and should be able to work with it pretty easily just will have to move the hard lines around off of the master cylinder it seems. so do you think it would be much differance in putting the sensors in the manifolds as appose to all in the down pipe ? on a side note hows your truck running ?you ever get some times out of it?
Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sensor wise, decide how and who is tuning it first. After which you can deicide where you put the sensors if at all. You don't have to put them in the manifolds, you can put them on the crossovers or anywhere really prior to the merge just so that each bank is represented individually. But the placement and number of them has alot more to do with how you plan on tuning it.

My truck has been neglected for a while, it's sitting in a friends garage (I've been couch bummin it for about a year now looking to get into a new place/home so haven't had anywhere to work on my truck. Runs and drives fine just wnat to re-wire it so I plan on taking it all apart as soon as I get another place with a garage. I miss driving it but as soon as I find a place I'll be re-focusing on my truck!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: potato land build, 9's@140+ is the goal