PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Petro's Project ERL Superdeck 427 w/ Whipple 2.9L

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 01:58 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

I would say 2 pumps is more reliable than 3. Also the submerged pumps do a lot better with reliability than external ones since the fuel keeps them cool.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

The CTS-V module has a Venturi system that will keep that pump submerged, cool, and bucket full under all driving conditions. The dual 450s will just be dual pumps in a stock bucket assembly. They won't have a Venturi system so the bucket fuel level will only be whatever the fuel level in the tank is. Like when modifying any fuel sending unit I haven't seen anyone ultiize the stock Venturi system which means it's basically a pump on a stick and not a modern fuel sending unit.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

The Lokar pedals arrived today. Still waiting on the gas pedal (XDBW-6200). Their technical department was of no help and dude smarted off to me. Clayton didn't return my phone call so went out on a limb and bought these.

XBAG-6005 Brake Pad 3"x2"
XBAG-6088 E-Brake Pad for full size trucks

It's going to take some slight fabrication to make these work fit and finish wise. But I'm pleased with how close they are fitting as is.

Name:  image_zpszp5gvqib.jpeg
Views: 227
Size:  290.9 KB

Name:  image_zpsvfwcccvj.jpeg
Views: 253
Size:  249.5 KB

Last edited by Petraszewsky; 05-03-2016 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:22 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by Petraszewsky
The CTS-V module has a Venturi system that will keep that pump submerged, cool, and bucket full under all driving conditions. The dual 450s will just be dual pumps in a stock bucket assembly. They won't have a Venturi system so the bucket fuel level will only be whatever the fuel level in the tank is. Like when modifying any fuel sending unit I haven't seen anyone ultiize the stock Venturi system which means it's basically a pump on a stick and not a modern fuel sending unit.
So I guess I missed it, but are you running 2 fuel tanks? The better way to do the dual pumps is to have the return line dump directly on the pumps in the bucket and keep the bucket intact. That way the pumps are always cooled and at least partially submerged. I think you are putting too much emphasis on the venturi setup.
Old 05-04-2016, 12:26 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by Petraszewsky
Mine still has a working venturi.
Old 05-04-2016, 01:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Atomic
So I guess I missed it, but are you running 2 fuel tanks? The better way to do the dual pumps is to have the return line dump directly on the pumps in the bucket and keep the bucket intact. That way the pumps are always cooled and at least partially submerged. I think you are putting too much emphasis on the venturi setup.
I probably am overthinking it as I tend to do that. Not dual tanks just dual fuel modules in single tank (CTS-V module and modified Camaro with dual 450s). The return fuel is minimal plus I'll be using a returnless style PWM controlled fuel system. No regulator just the PWM controller, pressure sensor, and map referenced 1:1 for boost.

Originally Posted by 03sierraslt
Mine still has a working venturi.
Cool I just haven't seen anyone reuse the Venturi system. Did you take any pics or make a thread about your install?

In line with changing the HVAC and headlight control ***** out to the cleaner looking Black Escalade versions I will be swapping the grey window switch buttons and grey door locks out for black ones as well. To include the steering wheel buttons. Now to just find some!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:53 AM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I run mine too. Just need to open it up slightly to allow it to flow. Otherwise you will have fuel pressure that is higher than desired.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do you guys have any links or pics to of your installs? So you have dual pumps and are using the stock Venturi system to keep the bucket full correct?
Old 05-05-2016, 06:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hope you guys don't think I'm being a smartass about the fuel and fuel pumps. I really am just asking and I know how the keyboard can make things look differently than they were meant to be.

Anywho the Wegner Front Drive kit arrived!!!

Name:  image_zpsoubdpylj.jpeg
Views: 261
Size:  220.9 KB

Name:  image_zpsv75mqnla.jpeg
Views: 261
Size:  173.3 KB
Old 05-09-2016, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Scored these black door locks though. IMO they look a little more classy than the grey ones. All GM ones were grey and aftermarket makes reproduction ones that are black. The window switches I can get off a GM vehicle like a Tahoe from that year as they were black from factory but S10/Blazers were all grey.

Quick Reply: Petro's Project ERL Superdeck 427 w/ Whipple 2.9L