PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My first RCSB

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2019, 08:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Got a chance to measure tonight, truck is lowered 4/6. Looks to be done with drop spindles and springs, LCA looks factory to me. Rear is flipped and notched. Looking into doing Atomic Fab and performance front coilover swap and rear shock kit for a better ride unless someone has a better suggestion!

Picked up a set of already de-cladded wheels with tires for $50 tires are way too big (275/55/20) and wheels are just painted black. Gonna look into getting them sandblasted and polished and will order new tires for them.

Also ordered Escalade handles as the ones on the wrecked one I have are both broke

Will get pictures up of some small things I have done this weekend.
Old 06-04-2019, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Finally got some time to accomplish some small stuff on the pickup. Got my Escalade handles painted and put on, also had the tailgate handle bezel painted with chrome handle, chrome inside handles, did the Escalade antenna delete, put my puddle lamp mirrors on (now need to get power interior going), and put the fleece headlight mod in!
A lot of little stuff, but its progress I suppose.

My motor will be put together this weekend, gonna order the rest of the little stuff I need this week so at 50k miles I can get the 6.0/4l80e in.

So from my research, the dash harness needs to be changed for power interior. I have the dash harness from my escalade, but not sure if the dash harness includes the harness from the HVAC stuff. If that is so, I dont think I will be able to use my escalade harness because it has the auto climate control, and my single cab has the manual sliders. If anyone knows someone that completed a power interior swap, I would just like to ask them a few questions. I think I have everything figured out besides the hvac part. And I highly doubt swapping from manual to auto climate control is easy, and probably not something I want to do.

Also gonna try to put the bumper from my 2500HD on my single cab as it has the thicker top pad, anyone know what this entails? And I finally ordered a roll pan, trying to make it look like less of a base model!

Anyway, here's a few pictures. Also there's a picture of my daily 05 silverado.

Old 06-04-2019, 12:17 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Le_greenmachine
Finally got some time to accomplish some small stuff on the pickup. Got my Escalade handles painted and put on, also had the tailgate handle bezel painted with chrome handle, chrome inside handles, did the Escalade antenna delete, put my puddle lamp mirrors on (now need to get power interior going), and put the fleece headlight mod in!
A lot of little stuff, but its progress I suppose.

My motor will be put together this weekend, gonna order the rest of the little stuff I need this week so at 50k miles I can get the 6.0/4l80e in.

So from my research, the dash harness needs to be changed for power interior. I have the dash harness from my escalade, but not sure if the dash harness includes the harness from the HVAC stuff. If that is so, I dont think I will be able to use my escalade harness because it has the auto climate control, and my single cab has the manual sliders. If anyone knows someone that completed a power interior swap, I would just like to ask them a few questions. I think I have everything figured out besides the hvac part. And I highly doubt swapping from manual to auto climate control is easy, and probably not something I want to do.

Also gonna try to put the bumper from my 2500HD on my single cab as it has the thicker top pad, anyone know what this entails? And I finally ordered a roll pan, trying to make it look like less of a base model!

Anyway, here's a few pictures. Also there's a picture of my daily 05 silverado.
On the HVAC, the Auto climate has a different Motor and sensor plug in the Heater/ Evaporator case. I believe you would need to swap that out as well. You also need the round Speaker looking sensor from the head liner above the drivers head.

For the bumper, you would have to cut the bumper mount brackets and drop them down Like they do for the 01-02 HD conversions.
Old 06-04-2019, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
On the HVAC, the Auto climate has a different Motor and sensor plug in the Heater/ Evaporator case. I believe you would need to swap that out as well. You also need the round Speaker looking sensor from the head liner above the drivers head.

For the bumper, you would have to cut the bumper mount brackets and drop them down Like they do for the 01-02 HD conversions.
So what you’re saying is unless I want to swap the digital climate stuff this dash harness won’t work?

and I’ll have to research the 01-02 HD swap.
Thank you!
Old 06-04-2019, 01:48 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

Originally Posted by Le_greenmachine
So what you’re saying is unless I want to swap the digital climate stuff this dash harness won’t work?

and I’ll have to research the 01-02 HD swap.
Thank you!
You could re pin the connectors it for the manual plugs. I know the plugs are physically different.

You have to pull the whole dash to get the harness out they way it snakes through everything. The heater core box is the same from what I could tell But when you look up a motor and the sensor they have different ones for manual and Auto Climate control. i remember the plug being different between the two.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:03 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
You could re pin the connectors it for the manual plugs. I know the plugs are physically different.

You have to pull the whole dash to get the harness out they way it snakes through everything. The heater core box is the same from what I could tell But when you look up a motor and the sensor they have different ones for manual and Auto Climate control. i remember the plug being different between the two.
Thank you for this, I am watching for a pickup with LS package to use as my donor.
Old 06-18-2019, 11:08 AM
Teching In

Had some time last weekend to get some stuff on the pickup. Painted my front emblem and mirror caps. Got my new headlights, tailights, third brake light, vent visors and roll pan put on. Not terribly happy with the fitment of this pan, but it will be molded on anyway so it will be corrected at that time.
Trying to decide if I want to buy an SS bumper cover, or use the HD bumper from my 06 2500HD that I will be parting out. I like the taller upper cap.
Anyone have a picture of SCSB with an HD top pad?
Next up I will be working on getting my declad wheels stripped and polished. Trying to decide between 275/45/20 and 275/40/20 for the rear, and not sure what size to run on the front as I do not want ANY rubbing.

Old 06-18-2019, 12:06 PM
On The Tree

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm running 275/40/20 square on my truck and only rubbing I have is in the back. Just been too lazy to roll the back lips a bit.
Old 06-24-2019, 08:59 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Resolute_welding
I'm running 275/40/20 square on my truck and only rubbing I have is in the back. Just been too lazy to roll the back lips a bit.
Good to know, I would like to run 275s in the back so I will have to look into rolling those back fender lips.
Old 06-24-2019, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Went and bought a cab off a wrecked 04 Silverado yesterday and got the dash harness, door harnesses, door panels, steering wheel, mirror and harness and some misc little things pulled out of it for my single cab. Hoping this weekend I can start swapping parts to get all the power goodies in it. Trying to find some wiring diagrams and pinouts for my vehicles just to do some research this week. There are a couple things I want to use out of my escalade, such as the overhead console because it has homelink, and want to do the dual lighted visors just because I have them

Also got my DJM lower control arms in today so I can order my viking suspensions from Atomic Fab and Performance.

Does anyone know where I can find wiring diagrams for an 07 classic, 04 silverado and 04 escalade?

Quick Reply: My first RCSB