PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

My Autocross C1500 build

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 06:37 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arealgloza
im not really understanding your questions? the bar is just to stiffen frame and has a safety loop, no flip kit here because it doesn't have leafs. it seems pretty clear in the description. wheels w/ newish tires ill let go for 1200, send me DM when you're interested in buying.
I see the square tube and driveshaft loop you added. I was talking about the front mounts for the 4 link. I also reread your first post and see you beefed up the 10 bolt. How's it holding up to the beating? Have any interior pix with the shifter location for the T56? I'm guessing you have bucket seats. I have a BBC I'm building for my chevelle and a TKO600 with the upgrades. I thought about installing that combo in my truck to get road time on it before the chevelle is ready for it. But the shifter location looks like it would poke through the bench seat I have. Also realized the 4 link takes the place of the springs.
Old 02-23-2019, 07:21 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91C1500sleeper
I see the square tube and driveshaft loop you added. I was talking about the front mounts for the 4 link. I also reread your first post and see you beefed up the 10 bolt. How's it holding up to the beating? Have any interior pix with the shifter location for the T56? I'm guessing you have bucket seats. I have a BBC I'm building for my chevelle and a TKO600 with the upgrades. I thought about installing that combo in my truck to get road time on it before the chevelle is ready for it. But the shifter location looks like it would poke through the bench seat I have. Also realized the 4 link takes the place of the springs.
the 10 bolt isn't taking it too well. I blew apart my yoke once and i get the feeling i have a bent axle or two. I have a bench seat and made my own shifter out of stainless steel.
Old 02-24-2019, 06:32 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Arealgloza

the 10 bolt isn't taking it too well. I blew apart my yoke once and i get the feeling i have a bent axle or two. I have a bench seat and made my own shifter out of stainless steel.
Yup I found your build thread on the GMT site and saw those pix. Now I'm seriously thinking about stuffing the big block and TKO600 in the 1500. But damn the money I spend on the truck I can spend on my chevelle and get it going down the road. I do know it's more fun to drive the truck with the NV3500 I put in the truck. I'm gonna see how long it last's. I did read on the GMT site that your rearend of the truck is pretty light. Can't you adjust the coil overs to help it stick?
Old 02-26-2019, 03:11 PM
Launching!

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

I like this build. Working on a 6.2 c1500 now but just lowered 4/6 with McGaughy's and Belltech's. One day I'd like to bag it or 4 link it and coilovers up front. Mine will just be a street/strip warrior. Lol pretty set on 4k converter, spinning 7500 RPM, and a decent gear. I want to go 6 speed auto. Keep up the good work man. Stance is killer